D Christian Kyrou - Sarnia Sting, OHL (2022, 50th, DAL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
Very interesting stats for the top OHL draft eligible players since January 1st. He’s amongst the best draft eligible prospects in the second half.

Wright 21 goals 42 assists 63 points
Goyette 28 goals 26 assists 54 points
Kyrou 13 goals 26 assists 39 points
DelBelBelluz 15 goals 23 assists 38 points
Guindon 21 goals 17 assists 38 points
Jelsma 19 goals 14 assists 33 points

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Very interesting stats for the top OHL draft eligible players since January 1st. He’s amongst the best draft eligible prospects in the second half.

you mean in terms of scoring right, as there is zero chance that he will be the 3rd OHL player taken this year and frankly I doubt even in the top 10.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

What are the # of games played over this span?

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
What are the # of games played over this span?
37 games for Kyrou since Jan 1st after a quick count so pretty much PPG. So in his first 25 games he had 20 points and 39 in last 37. Slightly improved his pace on a team that can't score

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
37 games for Kyrou since Jan 1st after a quick count so pretty much PPG. So in his first 25 games he had 20 points and 39 in last 37. Slightly improved his pace on a team that can't score
So is it about 35-40 games for most those guys?

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Well, Kyrou couldn't win the Otters scoring title,
so that franchise achievement didn't happen.

In Otters franchise (not just team) still not a single d-man
has finished 1st in points, but Kyrou got to closest to win that title.

Kyrou finished with 18 goals and 42 assists, 60 points.
- 3 points behind 1st place

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Last 12 seasons :

Raddysh 16-17 - 81 points (-46 behind)
Kyrou 21-22 - 60 points (-3 behind)
Pelech 13-14 - 55 points (-73 behind)
Raddysh 14-15 - 48 points (-81 behind)
Drysdale 19-20 - 47 points (-41 behind)
Headrick 17-18 - 46 points (-20 behind)
Dermott 15-16 - 43 points (-68 behind)
Drysdale 18-19 - 40 points (-20 behind)
Pelech 12-13 - 40 points (-29 behind)
Holden 10-11 - 39 points (-73 behind)
Gaulton 09-10 - 31 points (-62 behind)
Pelech 11-12 - 20 points (-34 behind)

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I don’t think he’ll be touched in the first round. There is a handful of RHD that I would draft before him. The only team that I can think of that might draft him that high is St.Louis.
He is the oldest player in the draft, if he were to be born a day earlier he would have been eligible for the 2021 draft where he would have gone undrafted.
I don’t think he is leaps and bounds better than a guy like Samuel Mayer who went undrafted last year after missing his draft year to covid. Mayer may go undrafted again.
I think he’ll safley go from pick 40-100 when all is said and done though. He feels like this years Villineuve.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I don’t think he’ll be touched in the first round. There is a handful of RHD that I would draft before him. The only team that I can think of that might draft him that high is St.Louis.
He is the oldest player in the draft, if he were to be born a day earlier he would have been eligible for the 2021 draft where he would have gone undrafted.
I don’t think he is leaps and bounds better than a guy like Samuel Mayer who went undrafted last year after missing his draft year to covid. Mayer may go undrafted again.
I think he’ll safley go from pick 40-100 when all is said and done though. He feels like this years Villineuve.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland

I disagree with you, ive seen his every goal and point and other highlights,
to me he is 1st rounder, 100%.

for offense side of hockey :

skating, edgework, passing, shooting, hockey IQ - all top notch

He almost won the scoring title of the Erie Otters,
he was by far the best player of his team
this season, that roster is really bad,
he didn't get much support at all.

Imagine if he was the #1 RD for the Kingston Frontenacs
or Hamilton Bulldogs, 60 point season?, i think
he could have had 100.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

he could have had 100.
Samuel Mayer?.... big, strong dude
- who might have some offensive upside,
not seeing a top pro potential with him,
my opinion
Kyrou is small for a defender and for being so small he doesn’t make up for that with elite skating. He gets bullied in front of his own net, if he doesn’t stop the opposing players with his quick stick on the rush, he has problems clearing the net and getting the puck out of his own end. He reminds me of Brannstrom in this regard.
He has a good shot from the point but like we always see with defenders like Kyrou he’s going to have alot of trouble getting that through at the next level - he won’t have as much time and space that he has in the OHL.

I like Kyrou but when talking about right shot defenders that’ll be available in the draft. You have the 3 that are guaranteed 1st rounders in Nemec, Jiricek and Luneau. Then you have the next group of guys in Chelsey, Warren, Lamoureaux, Casey, Nelson who I would definitely have above Kyrou and all these guys are projected to go in the second round.
I would have Kyrou in the next group of right shot defenders in Rinzel and Salomonsson.

In my opinion, Kyrou isn’t even the best defender on his own team, that goes to Spencer Sova.

Mayer is a classic late bloomer amd has raised many eyes this season. He was completely passed over in his OHL draft year and wasn’t even expected to make the team this season. He is now the #1 defender on his own team and has alot of qualities you want in a defender in todays NHL, Size, physicality, mobility. Mayer definitely has pro upside, even if he is just a 3rd pairing defender. He reminds me of Marc Methot.

Last edited:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI

he could have had 100.
If he was on the Hamilton Bulldogs he likely wouldn’t have even been in their top 4 most of the season and would have had less points. Nelson and Mintyukov will be drafted ahead of him. I’ve watched Kyrou live 6 times this season, probably 15-16 full games. Not just highlights. He’s good but he’ll get walked by elite skaters, even at this level. Is still a bit turnover prone, occasionally finds himself out of position and will over handle the puck. Something most young defenseman do. He’ll fix those issues with development and he will be drafted this year. 2nd round? Maybe. I’d predict rounds 3-4 though.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I don't think so - I think he'll end up being picked somewhere in the third round. Only way I see him going higher is if all the better RHD go before him.
I do respect your opinion but i disagree

Button and Elite ranks him high 2nd round pick, where as
Smaht scouting and Dobber prospects late 2nd round pick.

Then the rest 3-5 round.

Lots not seem to understand that he had a better, played better what Drysdale did
in his 17 year old season, for a Otters team that
wasn't nearly as good as what Drysdale played for.

Reactions: EXTRAS

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
IMO, he's currently one of the most undervalued players in the draft. No way he should make it to the third, no how.

100%

He almost became the first ever d man in Otters franchise history to win their scoring title
- with just 19 pp points of 61. (1+5 sh)

plays both pp & pk

Also, its not like he is small; 6 foot 0 / 185

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad