D Charlie Trethewey - Detroit Little Ceasers, U15 AAA (2025 Draft)

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
He's starting to move down in my estimation.

The points people notice are not a product of elite offense. He's effective offensively. He has a chance to be PP2 in the NHL, but I don't think thats a certainty. He lacks high-end anything other than potentially decision-making. He's the guy thats been given PP1 time for the NTDP, so thats going to come with big point totals. I've seen enough to know that he's not creating a lot per game offensively.

He doesn't take over enough shifts. He's an effective hockey player without a doubt. He's not going to make many errors, but I have real questions if he has top pair potential. I think he'll be a first rounder, probably mid/late, because you have a pretty certain NHL defenseman with him, but whether thats a 3-6, I think he'll have to prove that he can elevate once the competition gets better. He doesn't elevate against juniors.

I know it’s a long shot with the college commit but with the way Saginaw is pumping out offensive dmen the last while, would love to see how Charlie would look in Lazs system.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
6'1 190 to 6'2 196 in the NTDP preseason measurements. Going to be interesting to see which of him, Hensler, or Amico is picked first amongst the NTDP right-shots eligible for 2025.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Neutral Zone:
Charlie Trethewey projects as a potential top-five selection in the 2025 NHL Draft due to his well-rounded skill set, physical tools, and high hockey IQ. He plays a strong two-way game, leveraging his size, mobility, and advanced puck-moving abilities to excel both defensively and offensively. Trethewey has demonstrated significant maturity in his game, particularly in his defensive reads, positioning, and decision-making under pressure. His combination of physicality, puck skills, and hockey sense makes him one of the top defensemen in his draft class.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I see a lot of Fortescue when I watch this most recent video. Solid in all zones but no wow factor. His speed and agility seem to have gotten worse. Either he has an injury or his man body is just not built to play with that dynamic style we all crave.

He might make the NHL but I see a very effective D1 player that has a short lifespan in the show.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
I see a lot of Fortescue when I watch this most recent video. Solid in all zones but no wow factor. His speed and agility seem to have gotten worse. Either he has an injury or his man body is just not built to play with that dynamic style we all crave.

He might make the NHL but I see a very effective D1 player that has a short lifespan in the show.
I strongly disagree. Sky high potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad