D Carlos Handel - Malmö Redhawks, J18 Region (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

A very promising defensive prospect out of Germany for 2025, Carlos is one of many promising Germans from the 2007 age group. I thought I had created a thread on him alreafy, but alas; I was wrong. Händel has been stellar Internationallly for the Germans, regularly playing up an age group and more than holding his own. He played for Frolunda this past year, but will be moving onto Malmö for next season.

Händel is a very poised player and has great offensive insticts, he knows when to pinch and provide offensive support. He is great at reading and reacting to developing offensive plays, his great vision and puck skills allow him to be quite proficient at having the offence run through him at the blueline. He already possesses good size for a defender at 6’1” and moves in all 4 directions. Like many defenders his age, his defensive game is still a work in progress but he has potential to improve this side of his game moving forward. He is the most promising German defender since Moritz Seider, so I’ll be fascinated to see how he progresses going forward.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
How is he progressing this season? How does he compare to Seider at this point?
Unfortunately he is not on Seiders level.

That being said he is still an incredibly promising talent. That could very well go in the top 2 rounds in 2025. Really working on his two way play this year and it’s coming along. Really hope he gets some legit playing time against men next year, if not I hope he explores his options in North America. He’s the type of defender that would thrive in the CHL I think.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad