D Brodie McConnell-Barker - Soo Greyhounds, OHL (2024 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017

Brother of Bryce who was a Rangers 3rd rounder in 2022 - I Saw two McConnell-Barker’s on an OHL scoring play and wanted to learn more about the younger brother. Can someone help me out?

Earthdawg

Sep 11, 2022

Brother of Bryce who was a Rangers 3rd rounder in 2022 - I Saw two McConnell-Barker’s on an OHL scoring play and wanted to learn more about the younger brother. Can someone help me out?
Yes Brodie played London Jr. Knights AAA all the way up to minor midget. In his minor league career he played defence 2 years and 4 years forward at centre. His OHL draft year went back to defence. He was the leading defence point earner in alliance regular season loop in draft year. Has lots of upside great hands, tremendous skating, high hockey IQ will need a year to adjust but will be one of the best D in the league a couple of years reminds me of Cale Makar abilities once he matures.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Yes Brodie played London Jr. Knights AAA all the way up to minor midget. In his minor league career he played defence 2 years and 4 years forward at centre. His OHL draft year went back to defence. He was the leading defence point earner in alliance regular season loop in draft year. Has lots of upside great hands, tremendous skating, high hockey IQ will need a year to adjust but will be one of the best D in the league a couple of years reminds me of Cale Makar abilities once he matures.
High praise for the kid eh?

I guess we’ll see.

Earthdawg

Sep 11, 2022
Brodie McConnell-Barker seeing some good minutes with Soo Thunderbirds. His first game in showcase scored game winner in OT with sweet move. Don't underestimate his abilities he has 14 pts in 11 games so far. Impressive start I think Greyhounds are underestimating his play making abilties for getting points . Remember seeing Christian Kyrou play Junior B for a number of games with Komoka Kings then onroute to Erie then 2nd round NHL draft pick. Rumor has it that McConnell-Barker was a 2nd round pick in OHL draft as a forward but was waived by committing to D.

It won't be long till he sees some playing time with the big boys with greyhounds and see what happens.

Last edited:

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Brodie McConnell-Barker seeing some good minutes with Soo Thunderbirds. His first game in showcase scored game winner in OT with sweet move. Don't underestimate his abilities he has 14 pts in 11 games so far. Impressive start I think Greyhounds are underestimating his play making abilties for getting points . Remember seeing Christian Kyrou play Junior B for a number of games with Komoka Kings then onroute to Erie then 2nd round NHL draft pick. Rumor has it that McConnell-Barker was a 2nd round pick in OHL draft as a forward but was waived by committing to D.

It won't be long till he sees some playing time with the big boys with greyhounds and see what happens.
His Brodie/His Dad/His Mom!

Nice for you to post here!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad