D Brandt Clarke - (2021, 8th, LAK)

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Looking at Canada's roster and it's obvious what happened, they went full Dean Lombardi in a massive overreaction to last year

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Looking at Canada's roster and it's obvious what happened, they went full Dean Lombardi in a massive overreaction to last year
Hockey Canada is one of the dumbest organizations out there. They have the most talented pool of hockey players to choose from every year, and almost never choose the most talented players to play on their team. "Let's pick the 19 year old 6'4 guy that will make 2 hits a game instead of this 1.5 PPG 17 year old."

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013
This decision is absolutely asinine. A(n admittedly weak) pro league in Europe was fine with his defense but it’s too awful for the WJC?

Spoilers

Jun 24, 2018
He made some snarky comments in the past after he wasn’t invited to a team Canada camp. Gotta wonder if it’s related.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

I guess he wants to build a team like he builds the 67s. Basically only targets well rounded 3 zone players.

Cant convince me you can't have a guy like Clarke on the team though, should be able to fit in different types of players. Guess we'll see if this comes back to haunt them.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I guess he wants to build a team like he builds the 67s. Basically only targets well rounded 3 zone players.

Cant convince me you can't have a guy like Clarke on the team though, should be able to fit in different types of players. Guess we'll see if this comes back to haunt them.

But Clarke is not a bad defensive player. He was pretty good last season in a men's pro league, and he was the best defenseman for Canada at the WJC18's.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020

But Clarke is not a bad defensive player. He was pretty good last season in a men's pro league, and he was the best defenseman for Canada at the WJC18's.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

im just trying to make sense out of it, but i can't really. Im a 67s fan so trying to tie it together with the GM and coach of team Canada being from the 67s organization

OgeeOgelthorpe

Feb 29, 2020
im just trying to make sense out of it, but i can't really. Im a 67s fan so trying to tie it together with the GM and coach of team Canada being from the 67s organization

It just sounds like a BS explanation. What 18 year old defenseman DOESN'T have defensive inconsistencies? They picked Donovan Sebrango (who I'm a fan of as he's a Detroit asset) but he is also inconsistent defensively.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
It just sounds like a BS explanation. What 18 year old defenseman DOESN'T have defensive inconsistencies? They picked Donovan Sebrango (who I'm a fan of as he's a Detroit asset) but he is also inconsistent defensively.

youre preaching to the choir, I would have taken him 100%. I dont buy that reasoning either, but its the only thing that makes sense to me, and even then it doesnt really make a lot of sense lol.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
IMO the biggest WJC omission since Kyle Connor the year he finished with over 70 pts in the NCAA.

Really? I could make an argument that Jacob Perreault is a bigger omission just this year.

PPG 19 year old in the AHL is more impressive then what Clarke has done this season.

Reactions: bsu

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal

Could easily argue that Clarke, even defensively, is above half the players they picked. And he destroys them all offensively imo.

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Really? I could make an argument that Jacob Perreault is a bigger omission just this year.

PPG 19 year old in the AHL is more impressive then what Clarke has done this season.

I'm not a fan of Perreault personally, but you are entitled to your opinion. He seems to be doing well and should have been invited.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'm not a fan of Perreault personally, but you are entitled to your opinion. He seems to be doing well and should have been invited.
You haven't seen him play a full game once. I'd bet on that.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
IMO the biggest WJC omission since Kyle Connor the year he finished with over 70 pts in the NCAA.
DeBrincat in 2018 was bigger than this. Considering he made the team only a year prior. Not sure it's even bigger than Newhook in 2020.

Reactions: bsu

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Enlighten me.

Am I not allowed to appreciate certain prospects more than others based on their playstyle and what they bring to the table? I am not a fan of Perreault. If you're seeking enlightenment from this statement, I don't know what to tell you. I even said he should have been invited and is doing well in the AHL.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Confused why some Ducks fans are questioning someone who agreed their prospect Perrault should've been invited to USA camp, but thinks Clarke (who is a top-10 pick compared to late first, aswell as this being a thread about Brandt Clarke) is a better prospect...
Because the rivalry supersedes logic.
They may dislike the Knights more now, but the Kings will always be their primary rival just based on geography.
They see a lot of Kings fans :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad