D Alex Huang - Saint-Eustache Vikings, QM18AAA (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Small but ultra skilled defender out of Quebec for the 2023 QMJHL draft. Huang pairs his fantastic skating with great puck skills that makes him dangerous whenever he steps on the ice - he can look like Cale Makar or Quinn Hughes against his own age group at times(Don’t get it confused with me comparing him to those NHLers) He has already posted some good numbers in Quebec’s U18 league (5pts in 8 games) which is great for a defender as young as Huang is. Looks for him to go near the top of the 2023 QMJHL draft.

QMJHL Rights: TBD
QMJHL Draft: TBD

Last edited:

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
There is an excellent article here on the Duboque Fighting Saints website that goes over Huang who they recently took late in the most recent USHL futures draft.

It’s an excellent read for anyone trying to find out more on this prospect.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Looks very promising. Modern mold of defenseman. Gorgeous skater and seems like he’s got that hockey sense component - really seems to be reading the play and just one of those kids whose brain is a step ahead in these clips.

If his physical frame and athletic profile is developing to match - he certainly is one to watch very closely moving forward.

Seems like keeping up a point-per-game pace as a rookie who basically just turned 16 in the Q will be a tough order but sheesh…if he does, this thread is gonna get bigger quickly.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's very good. One of the best Canadian defensemen at the WHC17. Very reliable defensive game, can skate, and has a capable puck game. Upside seems a little limited, but could definitely be a first or second round pick. I know he has amazing point totals in the Q early this season, but I didn't see an "A' category puck game.

Reactions: King Makar19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad