Czechs in North America

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Lauko traded to Minnesota.... might be good for him and get him more ice time. Hopefully the B's get Necas and our Czech colony in Boston stays strong!

Lots of guys NHL careers may be done tomorrow... Zohorna, Zboril, Zadina, Patera, Kubalik and Nosek.

Hoping for the best.

Did occur to me that the Wing's AHL franchise may be interesting to us.. they picked up Rychlovsky and Becher. Maybe those 2 can help each other crack the main roster!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Stezka is back with another contract (2 way) so that's good. He may get a game or 2 in next season with injuries and such. I thought it was strange he was leaving after 1 year as he does seem to have the skilslet for NHL.

Klapka, Necas, Jenik and Raska were all qualified. The big surprise for me was Jenik as I thought he was done. So that's a bonus.

Not sure who wasn't qualified though.

Big Kase to Edmonton rumour.. man would I love that.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Nosek back in NHL! Florida too. Wasn't sure if he was done.

Some decent surprises so far with Stezka, Nosek and Jenik.

I also read Cibulka was invited to the B's development camp.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Patera signed with Nucks on a 2 year and 2 way... happy he's still sticking around. I do think him and Stezka are off NHL quality. Time will tell.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Cajan with a contract for a year in AHL! We have a lot of goalies floating between NHL and AHL next season.

Vladar, Vanecek, Vejmelka, Dostal, Mrazek, Rittich

AHL

Patera, Dobes, Suchanek, Cajan, Stezka, Bednar,

And an HM to Hrabal.
No idea what the Skarek situation is.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
If you told me, 3 years ago, that Frk was closer to the NHL today than Kubalik, Vrana or Zadina - I would have laughed in your face.

Here we are! Curiuos if any of those 3 get a contract? All such strange stories of struggling Czech shooters.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Jenik signed in Ottawa shortly after the trade, so he will give in I guess one last chance.

Starting to get a bit nervous about Zadina and Kubalik lol. Hope both will sign somewhere, we need those guys to stay in the NHL for as long as possible right now. Untill our young generation can take those sports. But that will be at least 5-6 years to fully have some impact.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Jenik signed in Ottawa shortly after the trade, so he will give in I guess one last chance.

Starting to get a bit nervous about Zadina and Kubalik lol. Hope both will sign somewhere, we need those guys to stay in the NHL for as long as possible right now. Untill our young generation can take those sports. But that will be at least 5-6 years to fully have some impact.
And Vrana. Those were very promising guys two years ago.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I read on hockey.cz that we have 44 cWchs in development camps.. from jiricek to mazura. Not saying this means we have NHLers but it is encouraging so many are getting looks. Spunar and Matecha in Florida. My long lost fav dominik Petr in toronto

Reactions: martygod12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad