Czech prospects update thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
To cheer you up Marty

3 draft in a row with a first rounder
tied with 2015 for most guys taken at 12
One more puts as the best draft since 2005

Still got Matecha, Fibigr and Galvas floating around. I think we hit the record.

I think that U18 tanked a few guys.lol
I am not cheered. So we are now taking players based on two week tournament and 6games played? I am sorry but u18 WCH has zero value over whole season

And how the f*** you won't pick a guy who plays a top league at 17 and putting up points on top of that?

It's a f***in joke lol, and draft has zero value to me since now

Reactions: Czechboy

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I am not cheered. So we are now taking players based on two week tournament and 6games played? I am sorry but u18 WCH has zero value over whole season

And how the f*** you won't pick a guy who plays a top league at 17 and putting up points on top of that?

It's a f***in joke lol, and draft has zero value to me since now
Hey at least you guys have drafted players this year. We will likely finish with zero drafted players after playing in bronze medal game at U18’s 2 years in a row :biglaugh:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Hey at least you guys have drafted players this year. We will likely finish with zero drafted players after playing in bronze medal game at U18’s 2 years in a row :biglaugh:
Draft is a f***in joke now .. just biased selection of people who don't see beyond CHL

Hope Galvas will destroy all f***in US and Canadian players at og 30 f*** you seriously

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Holy shit this is beyond brutal for Galvas. I remember a year ago here was a big argument between two users where one was saying that Galvas is a top prospect (i thought so too) and the other one that he will be barely drafted or so. Never would I expect it could get this far, but I guess we have a winner...

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1719689876391.png

Well, that is 13! Our best draft since 2005!

3 years in a row with a first rounder (and next year seems like we could get another one).

I have to give the edge to dirtyfighter here.. Badinka was early round 2 and Galvas went undrafted.

I find it personally shocking that Galvas wasn't drafted... but that is how it went and I guarantee it was size. Matecha not going is disapointing. Spunar not going is disapointing. Tichachek was still eligible. Those are all players who may still get into NHL but not via the draft.

Sweden had 22
Finland had 17
We had 13

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Franchises are looking for guards who know how to defend.

A guy who handles the puck well and weighs 67kg is of no interest to anyone. The NHL is full of guys who handle the puck well at 90kg.

There has never been a Badinka vs Galvas match.

Galvas has the profile to be the offensive defender of a Czech D1 team. No more.

View attachment 889590

Well, that is 13! Our best draft since 2005!

3 years in a row with a first rounder (and next year seems like we could get another one).

I have to give the edge to dirtyfighter here.. Badinka was early round 2 and Galvas went undrafted.

I find it personally shocking that Galvas wasn't drafted... but that is how it went and I guarantee it was size. Matecha not going is disapointing. Spunar not going is disapointing. Tichachek was still eligible. Those are all players who may still get into NHL but not via the draft.

Sweden had 22
Finland had 17
We had 13

I was completely wrong about the Czech goalkeepers who were sidelined to the detriment of the Russian goalkeepers. Excellent year nonetheless.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Franchises are looking for guards who know how to defend.

A guy who handles the puck well and weighs 67kg is of no interest to anyone. The NHL is full of guys who handle the puck well at 90kg.

There has never been a Badinka vs Galvas match.

Galvas has the profile to be the offensive defender of a Czech D1 team. No more.

I was completely wrong about the Czech goalkeepers who were sidelined to the detriment of the Russian goalkeepers. Excellent year nonetheless.
8 points in czech ELH is good enough even for attacker.

I am not saying he should be a round one prospect but f*** me 100000% he should have been drafted

How many prospects regardless of physical attributes have the same impressive profile as him?

He not being drafted is a one f***ing disgrace nothing more

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Fischer was listed as a Czech player when drafted. Now he's a
American. Anyone know who he will represent?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Fischer was listed as a Czech player when drafted. Now he's a
American. Anyone know who he will represent?
America

Unless I have it wrong, you have to play in the 'domestic' league for 2 years to be able to represent when you are a dual citizen.

I hate this rule because no one is leaving the CHL/USHL to go to extraliga so US/Canada get all the dual citizens and we lose all of them.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

This graph is missing Slovakia.. Satan!

Our biggest competitors - Germany, Swiss, Slovakia combined for 6 guys. Add in Latvia and you have 9 guys taken. Add in Denmark and you have 10 guys. We continue to be lost somewhere between the big boys and the next set of nations.

Great day for Norway.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

FinPanda

Barkov Stanley cup champ!
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
This graph is missing Slovakia.. Satan!

Our biggest competitors - Germany, Swiss, Slovakia combined for 6 guys. Add in Latvia and you have 9 guys taken. Add in Denmark and you have 10 guys. We continue to be lost somewhere between the big boys and the next set of nations.

Great day for Norway.
The Danish born player is Kiviharju I'm pretty sure, I don't think any Danish prospects got drafted.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
1 Canada 88
2 USA 40
3 Russia 26
4 Sweden 22
5 Finland 18
6 Czechia 13
7 Norway 4
8 Switzerland 4
9 Belarus 3
10 Latvia 3
11 Austria 2
12 Slovenia 1
13 Slovakia 1

0 for Germany

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1 Canada 88
2 USA 40
3 Russia 26
4 Sweden 22
5 Finland 18
6 Czechia 13
7 Norway 4
8 Switzerland 4
9 Belarus 3
10 Latvia 3
11 Austria 2
12 Slovenia 1
13 Slovakia 1

0 for Germany
Our 6 spot is safe.lol Can't catch 5 and 7 can't catch us.lol

We have 13 and rest of world has 17. Which also means FInland beat the rest of the world.

Canada at 88 is more than US, Finland and Sweden combined (80). And tied with US/Russian/Sweden.

Hell of a day for Canada.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad