Czech prospects at 2023 draft final predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Well with the draft taking place in just a day, here are my predictions.

E.Sale top 20
M.Hrabal top 32
J.Dvorak top 45

Don't expect anybody else to crack the top 100 unfortunately.
With the later rounds, I think Stancl, Felcman and Petr are the most likely ones to get picked. Koci, Matecha are long shots, NA-based players Sprynar and Port could surprise, no idea how have they looked in the CHL. Suchanek, Szturc, Melovsky and Spunar seem to be the most likely overagers to get taken, but probably none gets.

I think we are going to see like 6-8 Czechs get drafted, less than that would be a dissapointment, anything above is a nice surprise for me.
I see four players who will definitely be drafted. The three, as you described it, could be about the same. Štancl will be fourth, but probably not before the fourth round. Felcman stagnated, he was below average in the national team compared to last season, on the contrary, Šprynar is someone I trust enough, although he did not have a good end to the season. And then someone will definitely be added to the list, but it's really hard to predict who.
The year 2005 is definitely a disappointment from this point of view, I would repeat myself again, a large part of the responsibility for this lies with the cowardly coach with his tactics..

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I see four players who will definitely be drafted. The three, as you described it, could be about the same. Štancl will be fourth, but probably not before the fourth round. Felcman stagnated, he was below average in the national team compared to last season, on the contrary, Šprynar is someone I trust enough, although he did not have a good end to the season. And then someone will definitely be added to the list, but it's really hard to predict who.
The year 2005 is definitely a disappointment from this point of view, I would repeat myself again, a large part of the responsibility for this lies with the cowardly coach with his tactics..
I prefer Felcman to Sprynar by quite a bit, despite his struggles this past season. Sprynar is ok though, hopefully he can sneak into the late rounds somewhere.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I prefer Felcman to Sprynar by quite a bit, despite his struggles this past season. Sprynar is ok though, hopefully he can sneak into the late rounds somewhere.
Really? For me personally, Felcman was probably the biggest disappointment of all the 05 players, even bigger than Petr and the player with the highest decline in performance. From an above average player last season to a below average player this season.. What do you like about him and what do you expect from him next?

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Really? For me personally, Felcman was probably the biggest disappointment of all the 05 players, even bigger than Petr and the player with the highest decline in performance. From an above average player last season to a below average player this season.. What do you like about him and what do you expect from him next?
I didn't see decline, stagnation rather. Points just didn't come for whatever reason, not like he was as useless in the OZ as his point totals would suggest. But he has excellent physical tools, is a good skater and plays the centre position well. And IMO has more offense to his game than he has shown this past season, especially playmaking wise. He is a long shot as every other possible mid/late rounder. I prefer his upside to that of guys like Sprynar or Stancl though.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Ok so guaranteed prediction..
37 Hrabal
67 Dvořák
111 Štancl
130 Suchánek
185 Šprynar
186 Petr
205 Szturc
+ 1 (i don't know who..)

:thumbu::laugh:

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Wow only 7 guys, I must say I am suprised and really dissapointed ... where is Suchanek? where is Szturc, Melovsky? ... all played good enough to be drafted as overagers imo. Petr and Sprynar also deserved to be drafted somewhere in the 6-7 round.

Overaged Gajan was drafted freakin 35 lol (even before Hrabal wtf) and Suchanek who almost brougt Czechs to WJC gold is not drafted at all... what the hell

It feels like all of the sudden it became "popular" to draft slovak players lol ... kinda biased, lot of them are overrated.

In five years it will be like this Jiricek > Nemec, Kulich > Slafkovsky, Sale > Dvorsky, Hrabal > Gajan ...

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Predicted 6-8 Czechs to get drafted and we got exactly that. Slightly dissapointed there wasn't one or two more 6th/7th rounders, but who cares. Petr had disastrous season, Sprynar is too vanilla and the rest were longshots anyway. At least Sale, Hrabal and Dvorak were joined by Felcman in the top 100, didn't really think anybody else would make it.

Wow only 7 guys, I must say I am suprised and really dissapointed ... where is Suchanek? where is Szturc, Melovsky? ... all played good enough to be drafted as overagers imo. Petr and Sprynar also deserved to be drafted somewhere in the 6-7 round.

Overaged Gajan was drafted freakin 35 lol (even before Hrabal wtf) and Suchanek who almost brougt Czechs to WJC gold is not drafted at all... what the hell

It feels like all of the sudden it became "popular" to draft slovak players lol ... kinda biased, lot of them are overrated.

In five years it will be like this Jiricek > Nemec, Kulich > Slafkovsky, Sale > Dvorsky, Hrabal > Gajan ...
I wouldn't have taken Gajan over Hrabal, but they are close enough where it's not really shocking. Suchanek however is not even close to Gajan, like I don't understand how can you be so surprised by this lol.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Predicted 6-8 Czechs to get drafted and we got exactly that. Slightly dissapointed there wasn't one or two more 6th/7th rounders, but who cares. Petr had disastrous season, Sprynar is too vanilla and the rest were longshots anyway. At least Sale, Hrabal and Dvorak were joined by Felcman in the top 100, didn't really think anybody else would make it.

I wouldn't have taken Gajan over Hrabal, but they are close enough where it's not really shocking. Suchanek however is not even close to Gajan, like I don't understand how can you be so surprised by this lol.
Ok so what makes him such a better gk? I am curious

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Size, athleticism and technique.
He may be better I give you that sure, but definitely not Gajan 35 and Suchanek undrafted kind of better.

If it would be Gajan 3rd round and Suchanek 5th round I would be completely ok with that, but he is not that much better.

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

I will say... Really happy for the Slovaks and their run here.

I'm also ecstatic with 3 first rounders in 2 years for us and hopefully a few more next year. Non first rounders like svozil, Spacek and now hrabal and Dvorak also seem promising.

For the U20s we potentially have another nice d core:

Hamara
Alscher
Cech (I think)
Port
Jiricek
Galvas

Anyways... Happy for the Slovaks.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto

I'm also ecstatic with 3 first rounders in 2 years for us and hopefully a few more next year. Non first rounders like svozil, Spacek and now hrabal and Dvorak also seem promising.

Hamara
Alscher
Cech (I think)
Port
Jiricek
Galvas

Don't forget Dvorak. Was just taken in the 2nd Round.

Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Hamara
Alscher
Cech (I think)
Port
Jiricek
Galvas

Well techically four lol. Oliver Bonk may still be a possibility in the future, sure its unlikely, but he is half Czech and it may be a lot easier for him to make Czech nt then Canada nt one day in the future.

Adam Musil was also drafted as a Canadian, but is playing for us now. So we can hope lol.

As overall I am a bit dissapointed, especially with Suchanek and Szturc not being drafted. I know it doesnt matter that much, if they are good enough, they will make NHL either way one day. But damn I was 100% sure those two are gonna get drafted as overagers.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Hamara
Alscher
Cech (I think)
Port
Jiricek
Galvas

Probably not as good a group (as was written, plus Dvořák) as in the silver championship (Jiříček and Galvas are minors and I doubt that both will make it to the U20s, especially Galvas... when they didn't even take him to the U18s... moron Petr), but even so, the group looks very, very solid. Interesting how things have changed now and the team's priority will be defense again..
Edit: Just a little note. Čech was very good at both championships, even though he was the No. 7 defender. But when he got a chance, he played excellently every time. An overlooked player.

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
I am seriously bummed Yzerman didn't take Dvorak, he would fit that young large, mobile defensive core perfectly.
Detroit is a Czech player graveyard, I am happy nobody got taken by that organization. LA seems like a fantastic fit for Dvorak too.

Well techically four lol. Oliver Bonk may still be a possibility in the future, sure its unlikely, but he is half Czech and it may be a lot easier for him to make Czech nt then Canada nt one day in the future.

Adam Musil was also drafted as a Canadian, but is playing for us now. So we can hope lol.

As overall I am a bit dissapointed, especially with Suchanek and Szturc not being drafted. I know it doesnt matter that much, if they are good enough, they will make NHL either way one day. But damn I was 100% sure those two are gonna get drafted as overagers.
If Bonk ever suits up for the Czechs, it's because he never lived up to his draft position and is not nearly as good as predicted, similiar to Adam Musil. Pretty sure he would need to play 3+ seasons in the Czech Republic, too.
And Suchanek I can maybe understand the slight dissapointment, but what's the deal with Szturc? Why did everyone here expect him to be drafted? :huh: I don't know how he played in the WHL, but from the occasional highlights + WJC I didn't really get the feeling he's NHL prospect material.

Probably not as good a group (as was written, plus Dvořák) as in the silver championship (Jiříček and Galvas are minors and I doubt that both will make it to the U20s, especially Galvas... when they didn't even take him to the U18s... moron Petr), but even so, the group looks very, very solid. Interesting how things have changed now and the team's priority will be defense again..
Edit: Just a little note. Čech was very good at both championships, even though he was the No. 7 defender. But when he got a chance, he played excellently every time. An overlooked player.
Plus Badinka as well, it's sure refreshing knowing we could have another very solid and mobile defensive group at the WJC. And agree with Cech, I also like him, too bad he is not just a bit more skilled/faster/dynamic, he is close to being a legit NHL prospect IMO, but that little something extra seems to be missing. Good candidate to maybe make it as a free agent eventually though.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I made a mistake... Forgot badinka and Dvorak.

Still hope one of jiricek or galvas make it... Based on U18... jiricek might do it.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Not too bad... forwards are a bit weak. D is good and has most the guys we mentioned above... G looks great!

Cech just turned 19 so he's eligible and I'd definitely bring him back. No Hamara either.

I'd be happy with Hamara, Alscher, Cech, Dvorak, Badinka and Port as our Top 6. Jiricek is the 7.

Time will tell!

Can't wait till we lose and they blame Sale for being lazy.lol

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Not too bad... forwards are a bit weak. D is good and has most the guys we mentioned above... G looks great!

Cech just turned 19 so he's eligible and I'd definitely bring him back. No Hamara either.

I'd be happy with Hamara, Alscher, Cech, Dvorak, Badinka and Port as our Top 6. Jiricek is the 7.

Time will tell!

Can't wait till we lose and they blame Sale for being lazy.lol

Dvořák, Alscher, Cech, Hamara. I think that's four certain members of the defense. Badinka never really convinced me, maybe I just had too high expectations thanks to the reputation. Jiříček and Galvas were better than what I saw in the national team. I don't know Port..

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Dvořák, Alscher, Cech, Hamara. I think that's four certain members of the defense. Badinka never really convinced me, maybe I just had too high expectations thanks to the reputation. Jiříček and Galvas were better than what I saw in the national team. I don't know Port..
It's not like last year but that is a nice D if it happens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad