Czech prospects at 2023 draft final predictions

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
So all the czech hockey fans, post you predictions, expectations on what position in this year draft our top prospects end up. Lets write exact pick position just for fun, and also try and guess how many czech players will be drafted this year.

For me it is like this:

Eduard Sale: 15th (Nashville)
Michael Hrabal: 30th(St.Louis)
Jakub Dvorak: 67th (Chicago)
Jakub Stancl: 72th (Arizona)

+ honorable mention Oliver Bonk: 28th (Toronto) - So pissed he decided to play for canada and not us lol, we need him big time.

And overall I think that 11 czech players will be drafted this year.

What are your expectations/predictions?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Agree with the 4 ... Hope Dvorak is higher.

2 first rounders again would be amazing for us.
Adding to it:

Petr, dybal, Suchanek, Cech, spunar, koci

I'm thinking around ten... 4 goalies is very possible. D is concerning... Again.

Whoever gets sale is in for a Kulich type surprise.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
So all the czech hockey fans, post you predictions, expectations on what position in this year draft our top prospects end up. Lets write exact pick position just for fun, and also try and guess how many czech players will be drafted this year.

For me it is like this:

Eduard Sale: 19th (Chicago)
Michael Hrabal: 30th(St.Louis)
Jakub Dvorak: 67th (Chicago)
Jakub Stancl: 72th (Arizona)

+ honorable mention Oliver Bonk: 28th (Toronto) - So pissed he decided to play for canada and not us lol, we need him big time.

And overall I think that 11 czech players will be drafted this year.

What are your expectations/predictions?
Fixed it for you :)

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Fixed it for you :)
That actually would not be bad at all, I am not a big fan of Sale droping rankings that much, I think he deserves to be higher and kinda dont understand how for example Dvorsky can be around 6-7 and Sale is somewhere around 15 right now.

But Chicago would be a good destination for him, big chance to play early and he could end up as potential late round steal like Kulich :D

Reactions: Putt Pirate

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1686323551084.png

Here are the last 3 drafts for us. So far, no one has cracked the NHL full time. I think Jiricek might go full time this year (although, they just picked up 2 very good Dman and that may push him back to AHL). If he does make it, he's in great company! Good luck with the coach though.hahaha

We were roughly 8 per draft... so if this draft can yield 2 first rounders and 10 guys then it's a great success for us.

ZERO first rounders in 20/21
ONE second rounder in 20/21

Ouch. Last years draft had 2 guys in round 1 that look to be keepers in the redraft (time will tell of course).

Other names I could see cracking the NHL at some point - Mysak, Dobes, Raska (4th liner but they seem to like him), Novak (missed a year due to cancer but he's back training now!), Svozil, Brabenec, Spacek, Jiricek, Kulich, Sapo and Hamara (yes, I'm aware how awful his season was.lol).

Time will tell though. Next year looks to have potential first rounders too.. if we could string together several seasons of first rounders then we'd be in much better shape going forward.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Since I'm on the page already.lol

The number of goalies drafted in the last few drafts is significant. We are averaging 2 per year since 2014! Only year a guy didn't get drafted was 2016 and we look to have a minimum of 2 drafted this year (I'm guessing 4 to 5)

1686323983592.png

Stezka is on his way to AHL/NHL next season. Vanecek is established (in regular season), Vladar is probably getting traded and will get more starts, Vejmelka is hopefully getting traded to a contending team, Patera looks to be a future NHLer somewhere, Dostal is a LOCK, Dobes is making some great waves too! Skarek may still pan out and be a backup as early as next season despite many hiccups. Add in Hrabal, Dybal and Suchanek to the mix.

Almost none of our goalies are set to leave the NHL either. I assume Rittich gets a year backup gig somewhere. No one else seems destined to leave and most seemed destined for more playing time (Vladar, Dostal, Patera).

Lukas Matecha is 5th amongst Euro goalies for this draft. I have ZERO idea who or what he is but he's probably getting drafted!

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1686324412738.png

3 in the NA top 10. 2 in the European top 10.

Good year for goalies. Eventually our federation may be absolutely forced to start playing NHL goalies at the World's. Oh, who am I kidding. Hrabal will win the Vezina in 4 years, go to the worlds and be 36 year old Hrubec's backup.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
16 Eduard Sale
32 Michael Hrabal
42 Jakub Dvorak
111 Patrik Volas
130 Adam Dybal
143 Jiri Felcman
151 Tomas Suchanek
155 Lukas Hes
169 Marti Matejicek
182 Jakub Stancl
190 Dominik Petr

czech

Feb 23, 2009
...Next year looks to have potential first rounders too.. if we could string together several seasons of first rounders then we'd be in much better shape going forward.
All drafts from this year's draft to the draft-32 (perhaps the trend will continue) will have Czech players in the first round. The exception will be draft-26 - not the most successful for the Czechs.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
All drafts from this year's draft to the draft-32 (perhaps the trend will continue) will have Czech players in the first round. The exception will be draft-26 - not the most successful for the Czechs.
I am really looking forward 25 (Benak) and 27 (Kachlir) already lol

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Who do you think next year?

Jiricek and ???

czech

Feb 23, 2009
If I personally chose, then the list would be something like this:
6 Sale
25 Hrabal
36 Dvorak
64 Stancl
71 Koci
80 Suchanek
93 Dybal
101 Sprynar
108 Port
135 Petr
146 Simek
178 Melovsky
194 Szturc
199 Rocak
208 D. Moravec

But managers who always underestimate Czech players will choose, so they will miss many guys, maybe the list will be like this:
15 Sale
38 Hrabal
55 Stancl
60 Dvorak
84 Dybal
127 Sprynar
155 Suchanek
199 Spunar
212 Petr
...and then next year they will come to their senses and draft some of the players as overagers.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
6 Sale
25 Hrabal
36 Dvorak
64 Stancl
71 Koci
80 Suchanek
93 Dybal
101 Sprynar
108 Port
135 Petr
146 Simek
178 Melovsky
194 Szturc
199 Rocak
208 D. Moravec

But managers who always underestimate Czech players will choose, so they will miss many guys, maybe the list will be like this:
15 Sale
38 Hrabal
55 Stancl
60 Dvorak
84 Dybal
127 Sprynar
155 Suchanek
199 Spunar
212 Petr
...and then next year they will come to their senses and draft some of the players as overagers.
Port and Szturc are intriguing.. I really wanted to see Port at U18 tbh. Szturc is awesome... I get he's small but he is a great player.

Moravec does have a nice game and was a double silver medalist this year! Memorial Cup and World Jrs.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Moravec does have a nice game and was a double silver medalist this year! Memorial Cup and World Jrs.
I don't understand why Moravec wasn't chosen last year. He played a full season in the Extraleague, had a high ice time and scored several points. Could have taken in the middle rounds, or at least in the later ones. Dvorak enters this draft with approximately the same performance, but he is predicted for the second / third round, otherwise he could have got into the first if it were not for the injury.

Reactions: Czechboy

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
6 Sale
25 Hrabal
36 Dvorak
64 Stancl
71 Koci
80 Suchanek
93 Dybal
101 Sprynar
108 Port
135 Petr
146 Simek
178 Melovsky
194 Szturc
199 Rocak
208 D. Moravec

15 Sale
38 Hrabal
55 Stancl
60 Dvorak
84 Dybal
127 Sprynar
155 Suchanek
199 Spunar
212 Petr

Just out of curiosity: Do you think all 15 players on your list will make the NHL?

If yes, it’s not realistic. Only a fraction of drafted players makes the NHL and an even smaller fraction becomes regulars.

If not, it means that NHL teams don’t underestimate Czech players. They just don’t select many them because they don’t think they’re NHL players – which is probably fair.

Reactions: Wooren

czech

Feb 23, 2009
It is in the last two or three years that it becomes clear how Czech players are underestimated:
Draft-21: Spacek was generally missed by all the teams, only the next year they were drafted. Svozil somehow failed before the third round, although he should have left in the top ten.
Draft-22: if you make a redraft now, then the rating will probably be as follows: 2 Jiříček, 8 Kulich, 24 Sapovaliv. Again an underestimation.
Strength has returned to the Czech youth, the fashion for them has not yet returned.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It is in the last two or three years that it becomes clear how Czech players are underestimated:
Draft-21: Spacek was generally missed by all the teams, only the next year they were drafted. Svozil somehow failed before the third round, although he should have left in the top ten.
Draft-22: if you make a redraft now, then the rating will probably be as follows: 2 Jiříček, 8 Kulich, 24 Sapovaliv. Again an underestimation.
Strength has returned to the Czech youth, the fashion for them has not yet returned.
Svozil top 10? Ha.

Anyway, those guys were all drafted. Your point was that 15 Czechs deserve to be drafted this year.

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
6 Sale
25 Hrabal
36 Dvorak
64 Stancl
71 Koci
80 Suchanek
93 Dybal
101 Sprynar
108 Port
135 Petr
146 Simek
178 Melovsky
194 Szturc
199 Rocak
208 D. Moravec

15 Sale
38 Hrabal
55 Stancl
60 Dvorak
84 Dybal
127 Sprynar
155 Suchanek
199 Spunar
212 Petr
If you really think that just for example Dybal from this list should and will go top 100 so then it´s not about NHL teams underestimating Czech prospects but that´s you who overestimate them.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Svozil top 10? Ha.

Anyway, those guys were all drafted. Your point was that 15 Czechs deserve to be drafted this year.
1686500830399.png

All the players in that draft class that have played in the NHL.

1686500907768.png

He's keeping great company!

However, he probably won't get much NHL action next season as Columbus just picked up some very good D.

Top 10 might be more reasonable in the redraft in a few seasons though.. definitely more likely to be in top 20 in a redraft than the 69th he was picked at.

Time will tell.

Reactions: czech

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
View attachment 716997

All the players in that draft class that have played in the NHL.

View attachment 716998

He's keeping great company!

However, he probably won't get much NHL action next season as Columbus just picked up some very good D.

Top 10 might be more reasonable in the redraft in a few seasons though.. definitely more likely to be in top 20 in a redraft than the 69th he was picked at.

Time will tell.
I f***in hate it! That means almost no space for Jiricek, Svozil cause they have it clogged with overpaid guys like Provorov, Peeke or Gudbransson ... why?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I f***in hate it! That means almost no space for Jiricek, Svozil cause they have it clogged with overpaid guys like Provorov, Peeke or Gudbransson ... why?
In fairness. They have built a really nice D. Columbus could be excellent next year. I hope jiricek can crack the squad! However... Whatever small chance svozil had is probably gone unless they make some trades. Which they might!

saophim

Mar 19, 2015
Prague
Provorov is very solid #2, for 4.725 mil not overpaid at all. With adding Severson might move down to be their #3, but he is hell of a player.

Jiricek should take spot from Peeke.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Well with the draft taking place in just a day, here are my predictions.

E.Sale top 20
M.Hrabal top 32
J.Dvorak top 45

Don't expect anybody else to crack the top 100 unfortunately.
With the later rounds, I think Stancl, Felcman and Petr are the most likely ones to get picked. Koci, Matecha are long shots, NA-based players Sprynar and Port could surprise, no idea how have they looked in the CHL. Suchanek, Szturc, Melovsky and Spunar seem to be the most likely overagers to get taken, but probably none gets.

I think we are going to see like 6-8 Czechs get drafted, less than that would be a dissapointment, anything above is a nice surprise for me.

Reactions: Goodman68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad