Currently Active Former Leafs Starting Roster

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
With former Leaf Alex Steen performing at a superstar level so far this season, it got me thinking what a roster of currently active former Leafs might look like:

MacArthur-Steen-Versteeg
Boyes-Grabovski-Tlusty
Stempniak-Stajan-Frattin
Crabb-Colborne-Stalberg

Beauchemin-Schenn
Coliacovo-Stralman
Harrison-Aulie

Rask
Scrivens

Obviously no Seguin or Hamilton, since they were never Leafs, but you could consider them in there as well, in a roundabout sorta way.

Honourable mention goes to:

Mike Brown
Kyle Wellwood
John Mitchell
Dominic Moore
Mike Kostka
Tim Stapleton
Ryan Hamilton
David Steckel
Jay Rosehill
Hal Gill
Mike Komisarek
JS Giguere
Jonas Gustavsson
Scott Clemmensen

Overall, respectable at centre, especially considering Steen and Grabo's production this year. One of the best teams at centre if you include Seguin (how ironic). Some decent wingers but nothing to brag about, and a fairly average defense corps. Goaltending also looks like a position of strength.

It would be interesting to see everything that we got back for the above guys, if someone has the time to check that out.

Also, might be missing some guys, I just went off of hockeydb.com.

Last edited:

Mr Scarface*

That defense would get lit up more than my mom after they broke up.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
that team would get eaten alive

as would any team of "trade aways"

Most teams don't trade away 3 top line players, or 6 top 6 players, or 2 top pairing players, etc.

Teams who trade a lot would have a better trade away team.

WE should trade Kessel for Giroux, then trade Giroux for Backstrom, then trade Backstrom for Vanek. Then trade Vanek again for Kessel. Then our trade away team could feature a top line of Backstrom-Giroux-Vanek and we don't actually lose anything from it :sarcasm:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Aside from the goaltending and Steen, not bad. The defence is pretty darn bad, some good forwards in there, but not hugely terrible.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
steen is the only player worth anything. sure sure our fanbase will overrate a lot of guys on that list. i know.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Decent human beings I'm sure, and some good hockey players with a few it would be nice to have back, but...Good riddance to bad rubbish.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
The only quality guys i'd welcome back are Steen and Rask. Even then our goaltending has been superb so far anyways so even Rask I don't really care about. Steen would be nice but whatever.

The rest are all average replaceable players that have been easily replaced. Our current team would destroy that team.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I'd take Beauchemin and Steen right now. As nice as rask would be, he is unneeded right now.

I'm really not kicking myself to much over that list. Actually, not at all.

Mr Scarface*

I'd take Beauchemin and Steen right now. As nice as rask would be, he is unneeded right now.

I'm really not kicking myself to much over that list. Actually, not at all.
Beauchemin in toronto doesn't work, at all. You have seen it yourself. Beauchemin in anaheim is not the same man beauchemin in toronto is. The atmosphere is totally different and doesn't suit beauchemin.

Steen has always been a class act. Very fine player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad