HF Habs: Current Standings Thread: Going the Wright Way - Top 7 pick Clinched!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This is it! Season is almost done. Final 10 games. Last game is Friday, April 29th vs Florida at home.

The Standings as of April 20th:

standing.JPG

Ground Rules for this thread:
• This is the thread where you can cheer against your Habs to improve their draft position. Want to tank? This is your sanctuary.

• If you root against the Habs in GDTs or other threads on the Habs board, you may be warned for trolling.

• Don't bring your anti-tank arguments here or you may be warned for trolling.

• Tank you for your support.

Last thread had hit 100 pages and 3k posts.
A refresh

Tank Simulator :

2022 NHL Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon

Last edited by a moderator:

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
An Ottawa win and then a pissed off Winnipeg team wanting to bounce back tomorrow against us would be nice.

Reactions: themilosh

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I don’t understand why in the world you have MORE chances to pick lower than your final rank. The lottery is a s**** show and the NHL is a freaking joke. It shouldn only count the top 10 and with lower odds
What is a joke is having a draft that is reverse order to standings. Oh we must feel pity for the last placed team boohoo here is a generational talent. If they don’t fix this problem soon the league will be a joke. Even with the lottery and reduced chances of winning compared to years past, the last placed team still gets an advantage by picking higher than other teams that don’t win lottery and only moving down a limited number of spots. The fact is that if you make it that teams 1-8 are ordered based on a straight lottery (drawing 8 balls from a bin), this theater of the absurd would end. I think we’re the only team in the garbage zone who has made a sincere attempt at improving our play. And let’s face it, if this was 2023, firing Ducharme would have been a huge mistake.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
Getting the right guy is probably more important for us then getting more darts so I'm not sure I do it unless I'm very confidant that "my" guy will still be on board. Which for me personally is one of the D, which is actually a possibility especially if there's a surprise pick like Lambert/Kemell.

Since the NYR under Gorton traded up a few times, perhaps the better question is do we flip our two 1sts to move up?
I offer next years 1st with calgarys 1st this year to try and get a second top 5 overall pick this year in Montreal besides the Hans have plenty of pics and should go for quality not quantity of pics.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
fffffffff…Ottawa had like 5 legit chances to tie it with the empty net.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Finishing 3rd doesn't prevent us from winning the lottery either, if you look at the last few years, it's most likely the team finishing 32nd won't have the 1st overall after the lottery.
I see this again and again here. Bad Logic. The only thing that counts is the odds this year. Past results have zero to do with it. The lower you finish, the higher your chances of winning the lottery. That year. End of.

Last edited:
Reactions: le_sean and Gravity

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Doesn't look good for tomorrow with Flanders out and a tired Jets team. Will need Montembeault to work his magic.

Reactions: rahad

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You see MSL we tried to tell you that you were way overplaying Allen and by doing so you broke him from facing all these shots. I still don't see why playing him every game was necessary at this point but what do I know.

And his trade vaulue this summer might also be f***ed if this is serious.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
We have 10 games left:

-vs Jets: W
-vs Jackets: L
-vs Islanders: L
-vs Capitals: L
-vs Wild: W
-vs Flyers: W
-vs Sens: L
-vs Boston: L
-vs Rangers: W
-vs Panthers: L

I think we finish 2nd last if we only win 4 games of 10 games.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What is a joke is having a draft that is reverse order to standings. Oh we must feel pity for the last placed team boohoo here is a generational talent. If they don’t fix this problem soon the league will be a joke. Even with the lottery and reduced chances of winning compared to years past, the last placed team still gets an advantage by picking higher than other teams that don’t win lottery and only moving down a limited number of spots. The fact is that if you make it that teams 1-8 are ordered based on a straight lottery (drawing 8 balls from a bin), this theater of the absurd would end. I think we’re the only team in the garbage zone who has made a sincere attempt at improving our play. And let’s face it, if this was 2023, firing Ducharme would have been a huge mistake.

In a perfect World, the first pick should never have gone to the last place team or even the worst teams. It's rewarding mediocrity. You should build a winner by yourself. And the one that gets the pick in a league-wide lottery is just the lucky one. I would be even fine to do that from now on say in 2023(cause now a lot of teams like the Habs have dismantled their team cause they knew they would not win so it would be unfair to them).

However the thing that I like about the concept of bad teams getting a chance at the first pick(or any other high picks) is that it helps teams to sort of don't lose time and effort at winning now and plan a rebuild or reset with the best example being the Rangers. At the same time the better teams get extra help with veteran roster players so the teams helping each other out in a way.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yeah...too much stock are being made about having the highest pick, most concentrate of picking the right guy either it's at 1st or 25th overall.

Still can't figure out how in the hell we got Caufield at 15......
The thing with a number one over all the right guy IS on the board.

Andrewcoursol

May 13, 2018
ontario
No way. Top 3 next year are elite and a chance to miss out on Bedard? Hell no. Easy pass.
I suggest it because under MSL the habs record is more like a team contending for the final playoff spot or at least outside the bottom 10 in the overall standings, are you ok with trading this years calgary pick and floridas first next year in order to move up into the top 6 for 2 picks or save floridas pick and package 2nd and 3rd rounders with the flames pic to get a more desired pick while making a splash at the draft?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
That's pretty much the only reason I still watch (a little)

I have higher standards for you based on what I have seen from you. You should always watch a lot no matter the outcome. I miss a lot of games live but always record them to watch when I get home. You can speed through a game by fast forwarding through commercials and intermission. Takes about 1.5 hours max.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I suggest it because under MSL the habs record is more like a team contending for the final playoff spot or at least outside the bottom 10 in the overall standings, are you ok with trading this years calgary pick and floridas first next year in order to move up into the top 6 for 2 picks or save floridas pick and package 2nd and 3rd rounders with the flames pic to get a more desired pick while making a splash at the draft?

I believe the start date with MLS is Feb 10th and since that time, we are 12-11-4 and that winning% would put us 21st in the NHL. Take away the 1st 3 games where we lost with MSL and it's a bubble team yeah.

If we apply that winning% (.519) to the last 10 games... it puts us somewhere around 61 or 62 pts (lets say 62 pts).
* Coyotes need to play .650% to get to 62 pts (6 or 7 wins out of 10 games)
* Kraken need to play .500% to get to 62 pts (5 wins out of 10 games)
* Devils need to play .300% to get to 62 pts (3 wins out of 10 games)
* Flyers need to play .250% to get to 62 pts (3 or 4 wins out of 10 games)
* Sens need to play .200% to get to 62 pts (2 wins out of 10 games)

Habs also likely loose the tie breaker with our RW wins but hard to project how the W's and L's end up (OT or not) during those last 10 games.

If I'm forced to bet, I'm saying 3rd last (pre lottery)

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
We have 10 games left:

-vs Jets: W
-vs Jackets: L
-vs Islanders: L
-vs Capitals: L
-vs Wild: W
-vs Flyers: W
-vs Sens: L
-vs Boston: L
-vs Rangers: W
-vs Panthers: L

I think we finish 2nd last if we only win 4 games of 10 games.
I think we finish 30th and draft 1st or 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad