• No year in which you don't win the Cup is a success

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I have no expectations/just along for the ride

Votes: 12 22.6%

• Total voters

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
House money

I'm so excited that we get this core with all the cap money and kids a year older next year. Yeah sure, Marchy a year older. But I think his overall impact on the team is starting to look like he'll make a fine 3rd or 4th liner if he ever decides he wants to (rather than retire).

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Considering this was a bridge year to Cap Relief, 109pt, and playing competitively is a mild surprise.
It just shows that anyone that comes to play for this team gets it.
For all the Monty hate, and there is no perfect coach, regardless of what other may think. He's done a better job this year than last. That team was loaded, this team was financially handicapped.(Sweeny also did a great job, finding cheaper players)

Take Florida(They're pretty stacked on the top 9) to 7 and it will be a total success, regardless of the outcome.

Last edited:

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
On opening night in October if you asked me, I would of been happy just making the playoffs as a wild card.

After the final horn against Ottawa on fan appreciation night, I wanted to at least put up a fight in round 2.

So overall yes this season has been a success and goals have been achieved. Regardless of what happens we have:

- destroyed the hopes of our rival in a game 7 again

- the youth of Lohrei, Beecher, Brazzeau, and Poitras are big for the future and I'm proud of each of them

-Swayman is the guy

- lots of money this off season. Load up and make next year the season we go back in for a deep run

So as long as we don't get knocked out I'm 5 against Florida and lose each game 6-1, I give this season an A grade all things considered

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
My expectations since the beginning of the season have been:
1. Make the playoffs (preferably 2nd or 3rd in the division)
2. Make it out of the first round at all costs
3. Don't get embarrassed in the second round

Last night the Bruins were embarrassed, so I guess they need to win the 2nd round now.
And they Embarrassed Florida in the first game or did that not count because Florida was off for so long?

Why don't we give the Bruins a pass for playing what was there 4 game in almost a week. No-one seems to be talking about this fact.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And they Embarrassed Florida in the first game or did that not count because Florida was off for so long?

Why don't we give the Bruins a pass for playing what was there 4 game in almost a week. No-one seems to be talking about this fact.

And the travel involved. Since winning Game 4 on April 24th, the Bruins have....

travelled back to Boston for Game 5
travelled back to Toronto for Game 6
travelled back to Boston for Game 7
travelled to Florida for Games 1 and 2

Meanwhile, the Florida Panthers haven't left the state of Florida since returning on April 6/7.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Im somewhere between satisfied and wanting them to beat the panthers

I don't like that team at all and we owe them one, the bruins are capable of winning this series so I want to see it. Rangers are/were my cup pick and they have our number this year so if we can just make it to the ECF I think that would be a great result for this group and Monty. Good step forward. They do that and get some pieces next year theyll push for another final appearance and it will have only been 6 years since the last if they do, the same gap between the last two.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Beating Toronto was enough.

Will we be disappointed to lose to Florida or the next opponent? Absolutely. But in time we will remember what this roster is and sending Toronto home in OT with that Pastrnak goal was satisfying.

Next season is interesting as there will be new players throughout the roster with the salary cap space and time will tell if Sweeney spends it all on depth or acquires a true core piece.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
  • I'm already happy with how far we've come
Yes, I am. The conclusion of that first round series was glorious. I lost 10 pounds off my shoulders once that puck went in. The memes have been phenomenal, and the GWG with the Titanic song over it will be a video I watch 10, 20 years from now.
  • I'll be upset if we don't at least beat the Panthers
Yes, but I'd be upset regardless of who the opponent is or what round. Losing sucks.
  • I think we can play well and get through to the Finals
Also yes. Goalies get hot. Guys get dinged up. Expectations shift wildly from game to game, and there's no reason any of the teams left can't be in the Final
  • No year in which you don't win the Cup is a success
That's the goal isn't it?
  • I have no expectations/just along for the ride
I never expect a Cup, that's about it. There are series I think they should win/lose along the way each year, but rarely is there enough distance between two teams that I feel super strongly about it one way or the other. For that reason, ENJOY THE RIDE

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I had no aspirations of a cup in September, but thought they'd be a wild card team.. Seeing how well they did in the regular season I'm pretty happy. Beating the leafs is a bonus, and seeing the chaos that has ensued in Leaf land is just gravy.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Won a round in a bridge year where they are dealing with a 4.5 million cap penalty? with a team full of third liners, im 100% happy with where they are this year. making an ECF/SCF would be incredible but they've already surpassed (in success) the "greatest team ever".

Bleached

🚀
Oct 3, 2018
I was thinking i would be happy if they got past Toronto. Now i just want them to beat Florida. If they do, i will probably want them to beat whoever they play next

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Panthers beat the Bruins when they were the 8 seed and the Bruins were the best regular season team of all time.

No reason why the Bruins can't return the favor. Its not cup or bust but its not out of the question for them to be able to make the ECF. Last year was Cup or bust.

Not handling their business against Toronto in game 5 starts showing the longer this series goes on. The extra rest with no travel would have been key for this matchup.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
On opening night in October if you asked me, I would of been happy just making the playoffs as a wild card.

After the final horn against Ottawa on fan appreciation night, I wanted to at least put up a fight in round 2.

So overall yes this season has been a success and goals have been achieved. Regardless of what happens we have:

- destroyed the hopes of our rival in a game 7 again

- the youth of Lohrei, Beecher, Brazzeau, and Poitras are big for the future and I'm proud of each of them

-Swayman is the guy

- lots of money this off season. Load up and make next year the season we go back in for a deep run

So as long as we don't get knocked out I'm 5 against Florida and lose each game 6-1, I give this season an A grade all things considered

Pretty much this.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

How about they close out Leafs by G6 instead? 3 shots total P1 in G5\6.
That's totally on them.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Pretty simple if you ask me.

It depends on what you thought of the team back in September
This is probably true. In reality in September I would have been happy if we made it to round two and we weren’t destroyed in round 2. At this point I won’t be be happy if we don’t win round two. Moving target sure. And I didn’t vote because of it. Beacuse honestly if we win this round I’ll probably be in the same position in the ECF. God knows I wasn’t expecting to be playing in the 2019 SCF never mind game 7 but yeah it was still a major disappointment.

Reactions: DominicT

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I voted happy were they are, and I’m a cup or bust guy but expectations are dictated by how the season shakes out. I will be greatly disappointed with a loss to Florida but I can’t stomp my feet about it like last year. As a fan, I expect a cup when you have game 7 home ice in the cup final and when you are the greatest regular season team assembled.

This year, I had minimal expectations and figured a round. After going 4-0 vs Florida nd the revenge factor I do expect a 7 game series win. Like I said if it doesn’t happen I can’t really bitch unless it’s losing a series up 3-2.

I’ve tried to find balance with the fans who are cup or bust and those just happy to be here in a “transition” year.

This year if they do lose I’ll be sad I don’t get to watch them anymore until next season and last year that wasn’t the case. I was furious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad