Confirmed with Link: Cuda, Sharks announce European loans

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
That's quite early in my opinion? I guess the NHL won't start their next season until mid/end of january. So there are no camps until mid december.
The article does say other teams have started recalling some guys too, so could be they are starting to iron out the training camp schedule.

It could also mean trade talks are going on.

Reactions: NiWa and themelkman

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
The sharks can't open camp at home and haven't chosen anywhere else to start camp so I have no idea why they would recall him
There will be at least a 2 week quarantine period before they gather players for camp. Might also be issues with getting people into the country so maybe they want to get a jump start on solving these issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: NiWa and themelkman

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The sharks can't open camp at home and haven't chosen anywhere else to start camp so I have no idea why they would recall him

There will be at least a 2 week quarantine period before they gather players for camp. Might also be issues with getting people into the country so maybe they want to get a jump start on solving these issues.

Assuming January 1 start, 24 teams get a two-week camp (start circa 12/17; would need to be "in" NHL city by 12/3 for two week quarantine). Sharks and the other 6 would get an extra week (so start circa 12/10, would need to be in SJ by 11/26).

Sharks should have already started the paperwork for any visas.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I haven't seen Joel Kellman play since 11 November - was he recalled or injured?

What I did see when checking the Allsvenskan box scores is that Kellman was moved to wing and saw his playing time decline (he went from 21:15 in his first nine games to 17:50 in his last five games, with a maximum of 19:53). His current season totals are:

GP - 14
G - 3
A - 2
PIM - 6
SOG - 49
ATOI - 20:01
FOA - 224 (52.2%)

Kristianstads is awful - last in the league with a 3-10-4 record and 34-58 GF-GA split - but Kellman isn't exactly covering himself in glory, with five of his teammates having more points, only one of whom even has much SHL experience, let alone NHL experience.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Covid loan - Somebody is playing in a different league because his club won't play due to corona restrictions or a rescheduled start of the season

Normal loan - Somebody is playing in a different league because his club wants him to get as much game practice as possible

Wasn't blechfeld playing overseas due to covid though? Or am i thinking of the wrong person

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad