Proposal: Crouse to Tampa (Offseason)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

I'll prefix this by saying this is under the assumption that Palat prices out of the ~4M range that Tampa can afford. I would say it's about a 50% chance he goes to market or signs a team friendly deal.

This deal takes place after July 1st

To Tampa:
- rights to Lawson Crouse (signs for 3.5-4M for 4 years)

To Arizona:
- Hugo Alnefelt
- 2023 1st (performance condition)
- Brent Seabrook

Tampa gets a big physical 2-way power forward still entering their prime and starting to blossom offensively. I think he could be a very solid replacement for Palat if he walks at a nice cap hit. Tampa also gets out of LTIR and can atart accruing cap space again.

Arizona gets another 1st as well as a good goalie prospect for their rebuild. They also take on Seabrook to help reach the cap floor. Since this trade takes place after his bonus is paid and since insurance covers 60% of his owed money he will only cost the Coyotes 400k next year and 2.2M in total over the next 2 years.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
I'll prefix this by saying this is under the assumption that Palat prices out of the ~4M range that Tampa can afford. I would say it's about a 50% chance he goes to market or signs a team friendly deal.

To Tampa:

To Arizona:
- Hugo Alnefelt
- Brent Seabrook

Tampa gets a big physical 2-way power forward still entering their prime and starting to blossom offensively. I think he could be a very solid replacement for Palat if he walks at a nice cap hit. Tampa also gets out of LTIR and can atart accruing cap space again.

Arizona gets another 1st as well as a good goalie prospect for their rebuild. They also take on Seabrook to help reach the cap floor. Since this trade takes place after his bonus is paid and since insurance covers 60% of his owed money he will only cost the Coyotes 400k next year and 2.2M in total over the next 2 years.
Arizona should just keep him through the rebuild...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

To Tampa:

To Arizona:
- Hugo Alnefelt
- Brent Seabrook

It would depend on how the rest of the roster plays out, but I wouldn't be against it. Don't know if Crouse is worth the 1st + salary on his own, but getting rid of Seabrook would help a lot. Pretty sure we're going to try to move him one way or another anyway.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
GMBA has Crouse on his not available list. Arizona could do better than this if he were available, I think.

Reactions: MNRube

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain

To Tampa:

To Arizona:
- Hugo Alnefelt
- Brent Seabrook

Thoughts on this, after Seabrook bonus is paid, presumably on July 1st?

To Arizona:
- Seabrook
- 2023 3rd
- 2024 2nd

To Tampa:
- 2023 7th

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Thoughts on this, after Seabrook bonus is paid, presumably on July 1st?

To Arizona:
- Seabrook
- 2023 3rd
- 2024 2nd

To Tampa:
- 2023 7th
Doubt it would take both of those picks to move Seabrooks contract. Probably one or the other would suffice, although Armstrong probably prefers the 2023 pick.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Doubt it would take both of those picks to move Seabrooks contract. Probably one or the other would suffice, although Armstrong probably prefers the 2023 pick.

I think a 2nd + 4th would be reasonable for Seabrook, Problem is Tampa doesn't have a 2nd/3rd/4th in 2022 or 2nd in 2023. So pushing the pick out further discounts the value somewhat.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think a 2nd + 4th would be reasonable for Seabrook, Problem is Tampa doesn't have a 2nd/3rd/4th in 2022 or 2nd in 2023. So pushing the pick out further discounts the value somewhat.

Does insurance cover a portion of a signing bonus as well?

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Does insurance cover a portion of a signing bonus as well?

Yes, if the contract is insured then both salary and signing bonuses are covered. My belief is Seabrook is insured at 60%.

- A trade at the deadline would leave $10.3m in real dollars left, discounted to $4.12m after insurance.
- A trade after the 2022-23 signing bonus is paid would leave $5.5m in real dollars, discounted to $2.2m after insurance.

If Seabrooks contract is not insured, then the price to move him would of course be much higher.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Yes, if the contract is insured then both salary and signing bonuses are covered. My belief is Seabrook is insured at 60%.

- A trade at the deadline would leave $10.3m in real dollars left, discounted to $4.12m after insurance.
- A trade after the 2022-23 signing bonus is paid would leave $5.5m in real dollars, discounted to $2.2m after insurance.

If Seabrooks contract is not insured, then the price to move him would of course be much higher.

Is there a limit to how many insurance claims a team can have? IIRC I thought I read an article that said teams can only have 1-3 insurance claims at a time, but I may be wrong.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Is there a limit to how many insurance claims a team can have? IIRC I thought I read an article that said teams can only have 1-3 insurance claims at a time, but I may be wrong.

If there is a limitation I'm not aware of it.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
ARI should try to sign him to the Kotkaniemi-type deal — 8 years at 5M or less would be a huge win for ARI.

Crouse, Keller, Schmaltz, Clayton, Guenther, Maccelli, and whatever else they currently have in their system (Jenik, etc?). That’s the start of a solid core that’s going to have a heck of a lot more prospects added to it that you can win with. Crouse is a very unique player and I wouldn’t move him unless the overpayment was ridiculous.

Ledge And Dairy

That’s a quick no thanks from this Yotes fan.
Really a quick no? Honestly i was expecting a lot more hate the other way around. I dont think taking on Seabrook should be considered such a negative asset here as he is never going to play again. Tampa can just keep him and all it does os effect what they can and cant add at the deadline really. I figured Arizona would be ok with adding him to reach the cap floor though (better than apparently paying Montreal for Weber's contract). As for Crouse, 1st and a solid goalie prospect is pretty decent

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Really a quick no? Honestly i was expecting a lot more hate the other way around. I dont think taking on Seabrook should be considered such a negative asset here as he is never going to play again. Tampa can just keep him and all it does os effect what they can and cant add at the deadline really. I figured Arizona would be ok with adding him to reach the cap floor though (better than apparently paying Montreal for Weber's contract). As for Crouse, 1st and a solid goalie prospect is pretty decent
A super late first 16 months from now isn’t appealing at all for a very young, very valuable NHLer like Crouse. He’s huge, he skates, he hits, he fights, he’s good defensively and a he scores goals. Not every team has a player like that. They’re rare. And he’s young and Restricted.

Ledge And Dairy

A super late first 16 months from now isn’t appealing at all for a very young, very valuable NHLer like Crouse. He’s huge, he skates, he hits, he fights, he’s good defensively and a he scores goals. Not every team has a player like that. They’re rare. And he’s young and Restricted.
Well it would be 12 months after the trade for starters, I also think it could depend on where negotiations sit with him. I am aware who Crouse is though, I think he fits Tampa's timeline very well here and could replace Palat well enough. You also left out Alnefelt in your value here, he is not the cost to move Seabrook

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Amazing timing for inflating HF values
He's been playing great lately and there isn't a single reason for ARI to trade him. Real GMs don't just make deals for = value. They have to have a reason for doing so. ARI has a lot of picks. They need NHL players more and Crouse is the kind that GMs value, even more than some "better" players who play a different style.

Reactions: PainForShane

Ledge And Dairy

He's been playing great lately and there isn't a single reason for ARI to trade him. Real GMs don't just make deals for = value. They have to have a reason for doing so. ARI has a lot of picks. They need NHL players more and Crouse is the kind that GMs value, even more than some "better" players who play a different style.
Im aware he is good, hence why I made a decent offer for him. If it's not enough oh well

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

To Tampa:

To Arizona:
- Hugo Alnefelt
- Brent Seabrook

A so so goalie prospect and a maybe 1st? This isn’t even close to the correct value. Tampa would need to add a lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad