Crosby is gunning for the Rocket.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I mean, in the part of their response that you didn't bold, they seem to agree with you? (Otherwise they wouldn't have specified "of my generation").

You can be the GOAT and the best of a generation. Arguably Gretzky for example.

You can also be the best of a generation, without being the GOAT. Arguably Crosby for example.

I was simply pointing out the misuse of the term GOAT. People throw it around as if it means 'elite' or something like that. It means one thing, and Crosby isn't it.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

You can also be the best of a generation, without being the GOAT. Arguably Crosby for example.

I was simply pointing out the misuse of the term GOAT. People throw it around as if it means 'elite' or something like that. It means one thing, and Crosby isn't it.

I'm aware of what you point out (and I agree with you). Their elaboration (that you ignored) was helpful in determining their actual intent.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Can he be the Goot? ( greatest of our time )

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
When we're half way into the season we should re-visit this thread. Guys like Toffoli have been racking up a bunch of goals early in the season for years but the best always find a way to separate themselves from the rest as the season goes on. I suspect guys like Matthews, Connor, Kucherov, and Pasta will still be up there, but I'm wondering whether Boeser, Nylander, Debrincat, and Reinhart can continue to fill the net at their current rates or if they'll taper off as teams start to tighten up defensively. Crosby hasn't potted 40 since Pittsburgh won their last cup, it's unlikely he'll keep pace with the top goal scorers for the entire season at his age.

Reactions: randywoodsghost

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
When we're half way into the season we should re-visit this thread. Guys like Toffoli have been racking up a bunch of goals early in the season for years but the best always find a way to separate themselves from the rest as the season goes on. I suspect guys like Matthews, Connor, Kucherov, and Pasta will still be up there, but I'm wondering whether Boeser, Nylander, Debrincat, and Reinhart can continue to fill the net at their current rates or if they'll taper off as teams start to tighten up defensively. Crosby hasn't potted 40 since Pittsburgh won their last cup, it's unlikely he'll keep pace with the top goal scorers for the entire season at his age.

It all depends on the health of him and Karlsson and how many slap passes Karlsson wants to set him up with

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Is this accurate, Crosby is leading the league in even-strength points (second in even-strength goals)? Old man is tearing it up to start this season.

IMG_3686.jpeg

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
he's unbelievable just unfortunate he plays on a team that only dresses like 6 players each game

Reactions: Zbynek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad