Crosby is going to win the Rocket part II

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
So what is 50 then?

Lol, I don't think there is a good formula for this (adjusted goals is an attempted one).

But yeah, goals are getting harder and harder to come by, and more evenly spread throughout the lineup for whatever reason - maybe because of less PPs per game.

The number of players who are even capable of 50 even if everything goes right seems pretty low. This despite the talent in the league right now: old guard with Ovie, Sid, Geno etc still playing well, new guys like Laine and Matthews coming up.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I am beyond sad that someone "won" the Rocket with 44 goals. :(

I hope next year someone blows up and hits 55-60.

If you're "beyond sad" that "someone" "won" the rocket richard trophy with 44 goals, then I can only imagine just how deeply depressed you must be about certain other players who didn't even come close to that number of goals.

Perhaps you should start a campaign to change what the trophy is awarded for, since you don't seem to think that the leading goal scorer in the NHL deserves a trophy for scoring the most goals in the NHL. And, yes, you're use of quotations around the word "won" suggests that you believe that it is undeserved.

Not to mention, the regular season is still ongoing and no individual player has "won" anything yet.

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
Crosby should send Ovie a fruit basket and thank you card. Had Ovie not been working on his team game for the majority of the season, this wouldn't have been possible and the last rocket Crosby will win ;). Now just need it to pay off and we can switch positions, Crosby can have the rocket while Ovie is hoisting the Cup.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Crosby should send Ovie a fruit basket and thank you card. Had Ovie not been working on his team game for the majority of the season, this wouldn't have been possible and the last rocket Crosby will win ;). Now just need it to pay off and we can switch positions, Crosby can have the rocket while Ovie is hoisting the Cup.

Maybe if OV had worked on his team game earlier in his career rather than just this year he maybe would have won a Cup by now.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh

This is rich.

SidGenoMario

Apr 10, 2009
Saskatoon, SK

Do you really believe any of this?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown

One could suggest Ovie owes Sid a few fruit baskets from years past, too. :laugh:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada

How is not scoring helping his team more? It's not like picked up a huge number of assists this year.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Its only been 13 years for OV to finally work on his team game, lol.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006

This has to be one of the best posts on HF recently.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
If you're "beyond sad" that "someone" "won" the rocket richard trophy with 44 goals, then I can only imagine just how deeply depressed you must be about certain other players who didn't even come close to that number of goals.

Don't turn it into something it's not.

I like goals and standards like a "50 goal season". I really thought Crosby was going to crack it this season, I hadn't studied shooting percentages and stuff like that.

Of course I would love it if Ovechkin added another 50 goal season to his resume but he has 6 of them in 12 seasons, and just won four Rockets in a row so I can live with that as a fan of his.

Hopefully Kucherov or Crosby or Malkin or Laine or even Matthews can get it done next season. These big fat goalies make it really hard though. :(

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

:amazed::shakehead

Mitts Marner*

Matthews to bookend the season with a 4-goal performance and share the award. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad