Injury Report: Crawford to IR

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
What on earth are you talking about? Forsberg has done just as good as Crawford when he has been out. Really he only had one bad game this whole season...

@Blackhawks Are you talking over the who season or the past 3 games for each? Big difference that impacts the answer (or should logically).

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I also stated he had one bad game with 0.70 SV% as is expected by a young goalie and it’s hard to mask the effect of that one game when you have not played too many games and it kills the numbers. ALL other games he has been excellent to elite with the games against TO and TB being of lower save percentage close to the 0.90 but the team was getting peppered both games with high quality scoring chances which he pretty much stopped most of them unless practically impossible.

Last edited by a moderator:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well I also stated he had one bad game with 0.70 SV% as is expected by a young goalie and it’s hard to mask the effect of that one game when you have not played too many games and it kills the numbers. ALL other games he has been excellent to elite with the games against TO and TB being of lower save percentage close to the 0.90 but the team was getting peppered both games with high quality scoring chances which he pretty much stopped most of them unless practically impossible. Cool gif though Mr. Clueless Expert.

So can you answer my question or are you going to avoid it?

If you think Forsberg has been better than Crawford this season you would be the "clueless expert" you try to reference.

We are still waiting you to actually break something down that is actually factual or relevant to the Crow vs. All other goalies debate you are trying to make.

Crow has been much better this season compared to Forberg but in the last 3 games for each Forsberg has been better.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
So can you answer my question or are you going to avoid it?

If you think Forsberg has been better than Crawford this season you would be the "clueless expert" you try to reference. Nice try though little buddy.

Please show me where I said he is better than Crawford, you really need to get your [mod] together buddy bud this is embarrassing...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Please show me where I said he is better than Crawford, you really need to get your shizz together buddy bud this is embarrassing...

Forsberg has done just as good as Crawford when he has been out.

Just as good or better, it doesn't matter as both statements are wrong. Nice try to get out of your expert analysis that turns out to be wrong...again. Maybe next time little guy.

Forsberg's save percentage has been fine but he was rather bad in the shootout and breakaway attempts. That is not even talking about his puck play.

BTW, did anyone see Darling's gaff the other night? I feel bad for him but damn it was bad.

Crow is a top 10 goalie in the NHL. You should just give up on your argument because you just look stupid. To be clear, I am not saying you are stupid.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
To be clear, I really like Forsberg's potential and how he has been so far. This being said, Crow is a better goalie as of today and it is not that close as Crow has been a Vez caliber goalie this year.

He needs to work on his puck play because it is just terrible at this point.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Forsberg will do just as good.

This comment aged like:

giphy.gif

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
One bad goal and you guys are celebrating his failures? Want me to show you how many bad goals Crawford had int he game against Jersey? This is pathetic of you guys but not as pathetic as the team Stan has assembled!

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
One bad goal and you guys are celebrating his failures? Want me to show you how many bad goals Crawford had int he game against Jersey? This is pathetic of you guys but not as pathetic as the team Stan has assembled!
the problem is, the goalies for the Bhawks are being thrown to the wolves so to speak. instead of gradually being brought in to take over, they are expected to carry a team that has lost it heart.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Forsberg isn't good and this stretch has shown Crow's value

We can take about defensive lapse this, breakaway that. The reality is that Wash wasn't doing much of anything in the first. Terrible turnover by Keith winds up in the back of the net. Momentum killer

The second goal was the dagger. An absolutely terrible goal by effectively cements the game.

I don't care about the other bits. Every other goalie in the NHL has to deal with defensive breakdowns. NHL goalies don't - and simply can't - allow 3G in 10 shots in 5 min or th first period.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Forsberg isn't good and this stretch has shown Crow's value

We can take about defensive lapse this, breakaway that. The reality is that Wash wasn't doing much of anything in the first. Terrible turnover by Keith winds up in the back of the net. Momentum killer

The second goal was the dagger. An absolutely terrible goal by effectively cements the game.

I don't care about the other bits. Every other goalie in the NHL has to deal with defensive breakdowns. NHL goalies don't - and simply can't - allow 3G in 10 shots in 5 min or th first period.
while i don't really agree with this assessment, the reason is, this team is really performing as it has some dysfunctional internal problems, this is my opinion and my excuse of why the team has lost its faith in the coaching staff. in other work this is the best the team can do.

brutal, well yes, but this is how i see it, my question is, if you don't agree, that is ok, but can explain your thoughts on the problem and a suggested fix ??

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
As good as Crawford on injured reserve? Eh, I think he'll make some saves.

Oh... you mean as good as Crawford in general? hahaha no.

Hopefully the team MVP is only out for a brief time and he comes back strong.
Team MVP???? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! OH YEAH! Pass the kool aid over and quit hogging it son.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Team MVP???? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! OH YEAH! Pass the kool aid over and quit hogging it son.

Oh, there's very little question that Crawford has been the team's best and most valuable player this season.

Last season too.

And arguably 2016 as well, though Kane would probably be the popular choice given the Hart win.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Oh, there's very little question that Crawford has been the team's best and most valuable player this season.

Last season too.

And arguably 2016 as well, though Kane would probably be the popular choice given the Hart win.
Last season probably not. Overall he was a .918, which is just marginally better than "starter average". He wasn't as bad as some make him out to be, though.
2016 He was up there with Kane and Panarin. He should have been in the discussion since Kane+Panarin provided the scoring while Crawford was the goalie and defense.

This year? Riding a .932, 2nd overall among SV% leaders league wide. Let's go to the map:

Points? Kane is 25th.
Goals? Anisimov is 32nd.
Assists? Kane is 25th.
FO%? Toews is 17th.
+/-? Seabrook is 47th
For Real-time stats of players with 16 or more games played (more than half the season):
Hits? Toews is 119th.
Blocked Shots? Anisimov is 60th.
Giveaways? Anisimov is 117th.
S%? Anisimov is 12th.

The only stat that is comparable in terms of league position is Schmaltz second overall in takeaways.

Only someone taking hallucinogenic compounds rectally could say that Crawford so far has not been the team's MVP. I mean really: who else has been leading the team as well as being so high in league-wide stats?

Last edited:
Reactions: JaegerDice and LDF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad