News Article: Craig Morgan writes article aimed directly at Forum 40

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
Great article, sounds like the young guys like him. I wonder when all the skeptics will read it :), can't wait for the rebuttal's.

I'm more skeptical of his record since the WCF of 2012. Small sample here with regards to his youth playing this season.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I had to get the reaction of others on the main board with this article and that includes the Stars Fans.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
He's definitely played more young guys this season. Was he forced to? Maybe somewhat but the fact is he's playing them and I'm happy about that. What he said about he talk with Domi is what I want to see more of with all the young guys. When we're behind, Duclair has to be out there more as well. We need his skill and the only way he's going to learn is to play and be coached and developed. That's all I've ever wanted.

If we signed some top end talent that would make the team more exciting I'd be all for letting the young guys get extra time in the minors. That's not what's going to happen with this franchise. Some of that learning will have to come at the NHL level to give the team more skill to compete and give us something to watch. Having all those non-scoring vets won't go far in the playoffs and isn't fun to watch except for maybe the small percentage of hard core fans.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Great article, sounds like the young guys like him. I wonder when all the skeptics will read it :), can't wait for the rebuttal's.

I'm more skeptical of his record since the WCF of 2012. Small sample here with regards to his youth playing this season.

There is your first answer. Four minutes after your post.:)

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
The problem with this franchise is that we still have to take into account that we might have been so broke we couldn't afford the extra player salary.

Which is really sad

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
They didn't get a Turris or Gormley or Rundblad quote. I wonder why that is..?

And would we really expect current young players asked to say anything but what was in the article? Is Martinook going to come out and say, "Yeah, I don't know why Dave has such a fetish for Chipchura, but what can you do? I just have to play my game and hope I gain that level of trust one day"?

Any article that doesn't include a "the NHL is not a development league" quote from Tippett is at least encouraging.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Because Craig didn't have their phone numbers?

Two guys who are healthy scratches on other teams + one guy who has grown into a low-end 1C by becoming the player Tipp wanted him to become? If they gave honest self-assessments, their quotes wold support Craig's case.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The article may not be wrong but it's very, very weak. No compelling cases made without glaring counterpoints. At least he acknowledged them but did NOTHING in the way of discrediting them.

True, he didn't mention the 5 out of 6 years Dallas was in the playoffs with Tip as their coach or the 5 out of 6 years they missed the playoffs since they fired him.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
True, he didn't mention the 5 out of 6 years Dallas was in the playoffs with Tip as their coach or the 5 out of 6 years they missed the playoffs since they fired him.

And every season we miss the playoffs since 2012 ensures the Stars Fans that the organization did the right thing by getting rid of him. It's going to be 4 straight seasons without making the playoffs at this rate.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

And would we really expect current young players asked to say anything but what was in the article? Is Martinook going to come out and say, "Yeah, I don't know why Dave has such a fetish for Chipchura, but what can you do? I just have to play my game and hope I gain that level of trust one day"?

Any article that doesn't include a "the NHL is not a development league" quote from Tippett is at least encouraging.

I agree mostly but I doubt Gormley/Runblad would say anything negative as they are barely in the NHL at the moment. Turris might or might not blast Tip. He might appreciate more now then he did before, the need to be a complete player.

Gormley/Runblad are the high end picks that did not develop with us for whatever reason, and neither is so far doing anything in the NHL. We did pick up Reider, somebody the Oilers did not want, and he has developed nicely. You could make the arguement that Tip helped develop him. Think about OEL too, he was up and down first year, then he stuck and is a top 10 D now. Tip could get some credit for his proper development.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
And every season we miss the playoffs since 2012 ensures the Stars Fans that the organization did the right thing by getting rid of him. It's going to be 4 straight seasons without making the playoffs at this rate.

While this is true, we are still 3 out of 6 in playoff appearances, and a WCF appearance, better then 1 out of 6. You could argue with our ownership/budget/team moving issues, Tip's hand has been worse in Arizona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad