Proposal: Coyotes - Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
To
Arizona
Mrazek

To
Leafs
Wedgewood
Lyubushkin

Leafs clear cap for this year and next.

Arizona upgrades their goaltending.

Trade was edited to remove Crouse.
Original post was Mrazek dermott and Ritchie for Wedgewood Crouse and Lyubushkin.

Last edited:
Reactions: david999

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I'm curious to know why. Doesn't Arizona need a starting goalie ?
At cost of Lawson Crouse? You must be joking. He’s the heartbeat of the team and potential next captain. Throwback power forward who’s great in all three zones, always engaged physically and is on pace for 24 goals this year (yes, it’s early but he’s looked better this season than any time in his career, including his draft season that saw him become the 11th overall pick). Guys like this take a long time to develop. Arizona wasn’t this patient for this long just to trade a special player like him before anyone even realizes how valuable he is.

There are easier ways to get thoroughly mediocre 30 year old goalies. Doesn’t require moving a core piece.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
At cost of Lawson Crouse? You must be joking. He’s the heartbeat of the team and potential next captain. Throwback power forward who’s great in all three zones, always engaged physically and is on pace for 24 goals this year (yes, it’s early but he’s looked better this season than any time in his career, including his draft season that saw him become the 11th overall pick). Guys like this take a long time to develop. Arizona wasn’t this patient for this long just to trade a special player like him before anyone even realizes how valuable he is.

There are easier ways to get thoroughly mediocre 30 year old goalies. Doesn’t require moving a core piece.
Didn't realize Crouse was valued so high, he isn't important to the trade he could be swapped with someone else.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
The new trade is closer in value but I don't think the difference between Wedgewood and Mrazek is a Bush.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Mrazek may still factor in for the Leafs this year but I would be fine with giving him away to Arizona for nothing just for the cap flexibility.

Reactions: Fatass

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Didn't realize Crouse was valued so high, he isn't important to the trade he could be swapped with someone else.
I wouldn’t trade Crouse for Toronto’s 1st. Lyubushkin and Wedgewood for Mrazek is fine I guess. But I wouldn’t be in a hurry to do it. Wedgewood is playing very well and Mrazek wasn’t before he got injured. Lyubushkin is a net positive performer on the team.

Reactions: banks

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
To
Arizona
Mrazek

To
Leafs
Wedgewood
Lyubushkin

Leafs clear cap for this year and next.

Arizona upgrades their goaltending.

Trade was edited to remove Crouse.
Original post was Mrazek dermott and Ritchie for Wedgewood Crouse and Lyubushkin.
Leafs take that

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Mrazek has a 10 team NTC. I'd bet a lot of money that Arizona will be one of those 10.

Arizona isn't trying to compete this year. They'd probably be interested in a goalie if they thought he was a long term solution at the position, but that ain't Mrazek.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Clearly the difference in Arizona being good this year is Petr Mrazek.

Yotes wants picks prospects. Not 29 year old schitzo goalies who will never win in the playoffs.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Mrazek may still factor in for the Leafs this year but I would be fine with giving him away to Arizona for nothing just for the cap flexibility.

If you do that either Woll or Hutchinson is your backup.

We already know Hutchinson can't do it he was given that role and he failed miserably.

Joseph Woll did win his NHL debut but he is clearly not ready he was awful

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I just don't see the incentive for the Yotes to let go of Bush here. He's be a serviceable bottom 4 defenseman that has shown he can play both sides and has begun moving the puck much better this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad