Proposal: Coyotes-Flyers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
A Coyotes 2nd rounder is likely 33rd-40th overall. That's pretty hefty value. Perhaps the Coyotes can gamble on themselves and give the Flyers a choice between a 2017 3rd or a 2018 2nd? Or perhaps a simple condition, 41st or later and it's yours this year, 40th or earlier and it gets deferred a year. But it's a 2nd either way. Still seems pricey. Don't know if I'd pull the trigger.

My first target for this role would be Tommy Wingels, but Read would do. He's the better player, although much less rambunctious and much more overpaid. Which makes Wingels my clear top target, but Read is solidly in second place among players I'd hope to pursue via trade prior to camp.

We desperately need a veteran RHS winger who can help the PK and not be a total black hole offensively.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers could retain on Read but they would need a good reason to do so.

I must admit I have no clue what's going on with Arizona's defense. Already 8 dmen signed with Stone and Murphy as RFAs. Is a trade of one of the 10 on the cards?

So I just saw Stone had major knee surgery on April 1st. That makes the Schenn singing make more sense.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...stone-upbeat-during-injury-recovery/83103446/

Last edited:

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I must admit I have no clue what's going on with Arizona's defense. Already 8 dmen signed with Stone and Murphy as RFAs. Is a trade of one of the 10 on the cards?

So I just saw Stone had major knee surgery on April 1st. That makes the Schenn singing make more sense.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...stone-upbeat-during-injury-recovery/83103446/

I really don't understand what's go on with them. I only see Murphy or Stone traded if it's for an upgrade(like Trouba) and I don't get why any team would trade for Michalek, Dahlbeck, Tinordi, KConn. A buyout for Michalek seems possible.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
Both players don't fit the Yotes rebuilding efforts. Neither does adding money to our already poor budget. Just doesn't make any sense.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Both players don't fit the Yotes rebuilding efforts. Neither does adding money to our already poor budget. Just doesn't make any sense.

The team does need one more RW. Read would be a nice fit. It's not a trade for the long term, but I want the team to be decent this year, I want them to be as a enjoyable as possible to watch while not really sacrificing valuable assets.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
The team does need one more RW. Read would be a nice fit. It's not a trade for the long term, but I want the team to be decent this year, I want them to be as a enjoyable as possible to watch while not really sacrificing valuable assets.

It's not just about enjoyable. It's about establishing a winning mentality and playing competitive games. That's extremely valuable to the development of our young players and avoiding the toxic waste dump loser culture that has irreversibly stained all of Edmonton's young players, making them all worthless losers too. It's also about buying time. Acquiring some vets so that younger guys can actually develop in the minors, rather than rushing them to the NHL like the idiots that have been running the Oilers the last six or seven years, ruining kid after kid with their incompetence. All of that is so, so much more valuable than a stinking 3rd rounder in 2017.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

I completely disagree with the first sentence for the above reasons. The second sentence baffles me; we're obviously not using the budget on anything anyway. Clearly I disagree with the last sentence; this makes perfect sense for us, but not Philly.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
The Flyers only have $5,588,334 in cap space remaining. If Schenn gets 5mil in arbitration that leaves the Flyers with 588,334k with only Manning to re-sign. If Manning goes through with arbitration, he probably end up with 750,000k on the high end, so that puts the Flyers at −161,666 over the cap limit of 73mil

So if the Flyers have to trade either Streit or Read before the regular season starts, I'd rather see it be Matt Reid that gets traded.

If the Flyers are out of a playoff position by the end of February then it would make sense to trade Streit at the trade deadline.

Another possibility would be to just keep Streit and Read, then bury MacDonald's salary in the minors for cap space, that's if the Flyers wanted to bring up Provorov or Konecny before the season starts.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
In what strange, altered version of reality does a 38 year old Mark Streit being paid $4m to skate on the Coyotes third pair rate as "desirable?" Why would the Coyotes want that for free, let alone at the cost of a pick and a young(ish) cheap player :laugh:

:handclap:

Do the Flyers offer a refund if the 10 goal version of Matt Read shows up instead of the 20? Because if you can guarantee 2012 Matt Read I'm interested for $3.75m :laugh:

Value is not universal. This isn't Xbox. Matt Read doesn't have a little colored bar next to his name that is 1/2 full to show what the computer trade logic thinks of him. The upgrade from Michalek to Streit isn't worth the $3m difference in this trade, and Read is not the answer to the Coyotes lack of scoring :laugh:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Flyers only have $5,588,334 in cap space remaining. If Schenn gets 5mil in arbitration that leaves the Flyers with 588,334k with only Manning to re-sign. If Manning goes through with arbitration, he probably end up with 750,000k on the high end, so that puts the Flyers at −161,666 over the cap limit of 73mil

So if the Flyers have to trade either Streit or Read before the regular season starts, I'd rather see it be Matt Reid that gets traded.

If the Flyers are out of a playoff position by the end of February then it would make sense to trade Streit at the trade deadline.

Another possibility would be to just keep Streit and Read, then bury MacDonald's salary in the minors for cap space, that's if the Flyers wanted to bring up Provorov or Konecny before the season starts.

You are missing something in that cap space info:

TJ Brennan is included on it at 625,000. If Manning is re-signed, Brennan for sure is going down. So that alone would put us under the cap with the number you used for Schenn.

Then add in that the roster size is 22....and the numbers you are using uses 23 players. We are not keeping 14 forwards on the team. So likely Weal gets demoted. So that's another 650,000.

And if Provy or Konecny....or both make the Flyers, then that just means they are replacing another player so that cap hit goes away.

The point is, the Flyers don't HAVE to trade anyone to be under the cap. But they do have lots of extra bodies so I would not be surprised if a move or 2 is made. Once Schenn is signed, they have 15 forwards signed to NHL deals. Someone is likely moving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad