COVID-19: The final countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Yeah, in theory it's easy. Just maximize quality adjusted life years saved. The hard part is getting all the necessary information to do that calculus. The best you can realistically hope to implement rapidly is some basic screening rules for age or a laundry list of preexisting conditions.
I think age and people with inherited or preexisting conditions that they had no control over. I have a hard time rewarding
people who smoke or eat more than their share getting a pass to the front of the line.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's included in there. Now that it's actually approved, I'd imagine the military will get access to it quickly.

And good luck with all those at once. I was jabbed with 4-5 in one day before going oversees once, and man I felt like shit the next two days. A fever and some aches are expected from most vaccines, means it's working. But getting 4-5 "it's working" all at once sucked.

Thanks it might be the part of basic i'm least looking forward to. 2 years ago when I had my last flu shot I nearly blacked out from an involuntary nervous reaction called a "Vasovagal" which is essentially a fainting spell. I figure as long as a I don't hit my head on the way down I should be fine. I never full on fainted the first time, however I got real close and had to be wheelchair-ed up to a hospital bed. Had heart rate monitors put on me and an IV in my arm to replenish fluids from the profuse sweating during the whole ordeal.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I think age and people with inherited or preexisting conditions that they had no control over. I have a hard time rewarding
people who smoke or eat more than their share getting a pass to the front of the line.

If we had unlimited ICU beds then I would probably agree, but every bed taken by a smoker or a obese person is one less bed available if a 25 year old is hit by a drunk driver.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
ok, I know this is supposed to be a serious thread. But I couldn’t help it...this was hilarious and well written for a change...

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Some places only call back if positive, might want to check to see if that's true where you are.

I've gotten the test here a number of times. All have been negative and they had gotten back to me in a timely manner. I re-checked the latest appointment and confirmed they provide a response regardless of the result.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I've gotten the test here a number of times. All have been negative and they had gotten back to me in a timely manner. I re-checked the latest appointment and confirmed they provide a response regardless of the result.

I was going to say - you have to be up to quite a bit of tests already, right?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
if you have that many, you might want to see if you already have had it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Any symptoms?

No. I could have gotten it and be carrying it around as an asymptomatic carrier. Though I did feel a bit odd yesterday after a nap. Still have my taste and smell.

If you're in PA the PCR tests are behind schedule due to the current situation with the outbreak.

Yes I'm in PA and yes it was a PCR nose swabbing. Thanks for letting me know.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
No. I could have gotten it and be carrying it around as an asymptomatic carrier. Though I did feel a bit odd yesterday after a nap. Still have my taste and smell.

Yes I'm in PA and yes it was a PCR nose swabbing. Thanks for letting me know.

Just passing on what the nurses, aka heroes, told me. :D

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Took a vacation day today in order to burn some hours (if you don't use it you lose it). Apparently someone I work with down in WV tested positive for the virus today, but I wasn't informed of it and found out in a roundabout way. Everyone was told to work from home til we get the trailers cleaned. And once again, I wasn't told this but luckily found out.

Thank you, lovely company/project. :mad:

Still don't have my test results from Thursday.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Took a vacation day today in order to burn some hours (if you don't use it you lose it). Apparently someone I work with down in WV tested positive for the virus today, but I wasn't informed of it and found out in a roundabout way. Everyone was told to work from home til we get the trailers cleaned. And once again, I wasn't told this but luckily found out.

Thank you, lovely company/project. :mad:

Still don't have my test results from Thursday.
Can you not go for another test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad