OT: Covid-19 (Part 24) Reunited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Blood, organ and tissue donation - Canada.ca

“This #WorldBloodDonorDay, consider donating blood.”

“Blood products are needed every day for patients undergoing surgery, cancer treatments, and to save lives following traumas such as car accidents.”

“Donating blood in Canada is still safe during COVID-19. Canadian Blood Services and Héma-Québec have robust cleaning, infection-control and screening practices in place to protect all donors, staff and volunteers.”

upload_2020-6-14_16-0-26.png

Reactions: Electricity

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
That's what I read, if it's the case, this is not police brutality.

Was drunk and passed out in the middle of the road/in the parking.
Failed the Breathalyzer.
He fought with the cops and punched them.
Took the taser gun from the police.
Aimed and shot toward the police with the taser gun.
Ran from the cops with a taser gun.

Then got shot in the back.

Cops did their job.

Holy shit they shot and killed a drunk that was running away from them!
Wtf is wrong with you animals?

"Omg a drunk is running with a taser! KILL KILL KILLLLLLL!!!"

"MAH FAST FOOD HAS BEEN SLOWED DOWN!"

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
Its crazy how its just disapearing now. Even with being open for almost 3 weeks in GMA and over a month in the rest of Quebec.

Lets hope it stays this way and we don't get a little surge like we are seeing in places like Israel and Iran.

It's not disappearing.
Where I live, the past week had the most new cases than any week previous.
In Dallas, where I just spent a week, their hospitals are crammed with the most covid patients than any time previous.
Crazy huh?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

Why are you calling me an animal ?

He was a threat to other people and was drunk, he was too unpredictable. He fought and then hit the police, grabbed their taser gun and used it on one of them. Had he put his hand on the gun, he would have used it.

The cop did his job.

Reactions: the

Electricity

Aug 22, 2016
Louisville via St. P
That man needs help in a serious way. I'm not sure, but I think most of us have him on ignore, or should. Boogaloo ya bastard.

It just lights me up to see these creeps get no meaningful pushback.
If everybody ignores, then hate and ignorance goes unchallenged. It just sits there waiting for some half-formed opinion to take it seriously.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

He was a threat to other people and was drunk, he was too unpredictable. He fought and then hit the police, grabbed their taser gun and used it on one of them. Had he put his hand on the gun, he would have used it.

The cop did his job.
Somewhat agree, my two comments would be that the officer should be trained well enough to not get his taser seized by a drunk, and, that the officer could have very well shot him in the leg so as to not kill the individual.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec

The cop did his job.
Every former cop I've seen on tv that watched the whole 45-minute interaction says otherwise... They say that the cops on the scene had his car and could have called for backup had he gotten away... and that the taser is not a deadly weapon, thus shooting is unjustified. They had already patted him down, so they knew he didn't have a weapon. This ain't a western, this is real life. A cop being slighted, because someone who stole their taser is running away, doesn't give him the right to shoot.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Every former cop I've seen on tv that watched the whole 45-minute interaction says otherwise... They say that the cops on the scene had his car and could have called for backup had he gotten away... and that the taser is not a deadly weapon, thus shooting is unjustified. They had already patted him down, so they knew he didn't have a weapon. This ain't a western, this is real life. A cop being slighted, because someone who stole their taser is running away, doesn't give him the right to shoot.
Especially not shoot to kill.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
It's not disappearing.
Where I live, the past week had the most new cases than any week previous.
In Dallas, where I just spent a week, their hospitals are crammed with the most covid patients than any time previous.
Crazy huh?

Up here it is, for now at least. We are having our lowest numbers in months.

Ya but if your in the US sorry. These riots have screwed you guys over. I wish you guys all the best Canada needs a stable US.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Not saying I disagree with you but Harris addresses the matter in the podcast I mentioned.

They weren't joking out of malice, as I also originally thought, they were joking because their actions were standard procedure they had done hundreds of times and nothing ever goes wrong. They actually thought nothing was wrong in this case as well.

f*** them, that incompetent pig had his full weight in the middle of that guy's back until he died. Yea, just joking- " I hope I didn't kill him " then they all laugh. They all deserve to go to jail and worse.

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Somewhat agree, my two comments would be that the officer should be trained well enough to not get his taser seized by a drunk, and, that the officer could have very well shot him in the leg so as to not kill the individual.

You don't shoot someone in the back as they are running away, unless you intend to kill him. They won't aim for the legs, they are trained to aim for the body so they won't miss their target.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Up here it is, for now at least. We are having our lowest numbers in months.

Ya but if your in the US sorry. These riots have screwed you guys over. I wish you guys all the best Canada needs a stable US.
dont blame the riots, they wAnted to reopen, they reopened soon, and that is what was expected

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

I doubt you can stop someone by shooting in the legs and it's really hard, that's why cops who are in danger aim at the torso. I may be wrong.

I may be wrong then. I did not watch the 45-minute interaction, but from what I read, fighting and punching the cops while being drunk, grabbing the taser gun and using it on the cop. They had their reasons to think he was dangerous, after what just happened.

Do you think the cop should be charged with murder ? If the cop can prove that he felt he or others' lives were in danger, my answer is no and you ?

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I doubt you can stop someone by shooting in the legs and it's really hard, that's why cops who are in danger aim at the torso. I may be wrong.

I may be wrong then. I did not watch the 45-minute interaction, but from what I read, fighting and punching the cops while being drunk, grabbing the taser gun and using it on the cop. They had their reasons to think he was dangerous, after what just happened.

Do you think the cop should be charged with murder ? If the cop can prove that he felt he or others' lives were in danger, my answer is no and you ?
Apparently one cop was willing to let him walk home, and then another cop arrived on the scene and wasn't in de-escalation mode, according to a former cop on CNN. Being possibly drunk and having a taser, is not a death sentence. Let him go and call backup, these types of situations happen all the time as a cop, he was a nuisance not a threat.

Involuntary manslaughter is my guess, and don't know how likely is a conviction.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

controversial statement: maybe cops shouldn't be shooting people in the back?

honestly why are we even still engaging with that poster?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Your post history is proof enough of who you are/what you stand for...

I'm responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

I said that police brutality is against everyone, not only black people and that they are not killed by the police because of their colour.
I said that I don't believe in systemic racism, but racism does exist.
I asked why the protesters are allowed to go outside and are encouraged, but others who do the same are treated like a menace to the society.
I showed real stats to prove my point of view and some video of Ben Shapiro/Elder.

If you are offended by that, it's your problem.

I said nothing wrong and I don't hold the truth, I have a different point of view, many are offended, too bad.

Reactions: cajmonkey

HockeyAddict

Nov 7, 2008
on an island
I'm responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

I said that police brutality is against everyone, not only black people and that they are not killed by the police because of their colour.
I said that I don't believe in systemic racism, but racism does exist.
I asked why the protesters are allowed to go outside and are encouraged, but others who do the same are treated like a menace to the society.
I showed real stats to prove my point of view and some video of Ben Shapiro/Elder.

If you are offended by that, it's your problem.

I said nothing wrong and I don't hold the truth, I have a different point of view, many are offended, too bad.
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... its a duck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad