OT: CoVid-19 part 10: Quarantining on edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
What I find odd is that NDG and CSL are hotbeds, while neighboring burroughs are relatively virus free. Westmount, Hampstead and Montreal-West report very few cases.

Aren't the percapita rate of contamination really high in Hampstead and Westmount?

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal

Native said:
As a montreal native, I've been very attentive to our current situation and thank all those that give updates.

As per sante montreal, they have added age breakdown as of Mar. 31. I've roughly categorized the age groups just to give an idea of those affected, grouping the young and then subsequently going 10yr intervals for our elderly.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Santé Montréal

0-39 = 42%
40-59 = 33%
60-69 = 12%
70-79 = 7%
80+ = 6%

we all know that the majority of fatalities are predominately our seniors, yet they are only 13% (70+) of positive cases. it's the younger generation that is most infected ( 0-59 = 75%). This is the group that has best chance of survival but also the group that is the cause of the spread and killing our parents and grandparents.

I hope our younger generation that felt invincible and had a great spring break but disregarded basic safety measures will recognize that they their selfish and irresponsible behavior has contributed to the deaths of their own parents and grandparents, at the very least. Also for those elderly snowbirds that violated quarantine protocols, are equally to blame.
Kriss E Said:

Those are the people who are working, going to grocers or pharmacies, etc. Makes perfect sense.

Agreed. the majority of those working and going out are those most infected.

Ontario confirms 401 more cases of COVID-19 and 16 new deaths
comparing with Ontario.

25.6% 60-79
6.7% 80+

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
What I find odd is that NDG and CSL are hotbeds, while neighboring burroughs are relatively virus free. Westmount, Hampstead and Montreal-West report very few cases.

You have palliative care hospitals and retirement homes in CSL and NDG that you don't in Westmiunt and Montreal-West. Based on demographic hit by the virus I would guess those are hit hard,but impossible to say without knowing actual cases.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'm not sure, they didn't say in the article I saw, and that was two days ago.

Le coronavirus affecte toute l’île de Montréal

(That's as of March 30)

This graph shows there's 18 cases in Hampstead.

18 cases for something like 7500 pop.

Meanwhile, the graph shows there's 19 cases in Lachine, whose population is 6 times bigger than Hampstead

The graph also shows that the amout of cases in Westmount is about the same as Montreal Nord. I don't know how many people there is in Montreal-Nord exactly, but my guess is "A few times more than Westmount".

Oh, and there were more cases in Outremont than in Ahuntsic.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Montreal Est only one. Virus killed off by air pollution. Senneville 0 cases. Clean west island air.

Lol. No one travels in Montreal-Est.

Also, Senneville being at zero is par for the course, considering, wait, is there even a thousand people living there?

How big of a role does the crazy wedding played?

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Lol. No one travels in Montreal-Est.

Also, Senneville being at zero is par for the course, considering, wait, is there even a thousand people living there?

How big of a role does the crazy wedding played?

I could see another sequel to the movie 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding' done but with the Crowne Plaza wedding angle instead. What could we call it?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
look at the positive guys. hospitalizations are still low. Second, the under investigation section keeps dropping and then we see tweets like this.

It shows that social distancing is working. And with 7000 calls to the police yesterday snitching on people. We are heading in the right direction.

one of those calls was for my construction site. Needed to get a roof on the building before it flood the electrical room. Cops were cool about it, asked us to try and be done by 1pm (the guys started at 8, they showed up at 830).

Reactions: Crusher117

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
I know but what does that have to do with it? They can easily get infected like the rest. The virus doesn't know the difference between Walkley and Greene.
Possibly more people in these areas are following the guidelines realizing the dire results if not followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad