Couturier head shots Dach. Couturier drops the gloves with Xhekaj. Seeler comes in as a 3rd fighter. Xhekaj gets the penalty...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Sad thing is the officials all huddled to make the call and between them still shat the bed.

Should’ve been PP for MTL but they at least evened it up later only calling Michkov when Gally could’ve been called also

Props to Couturier for dropping the gloves, it was not not a head shot in the way Steckel didn’t head shot Crosby

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
can someone post the complete play? Like the previous 30 seconds?

That is why I want to watch the 30 second previous to the gloves being dropped
Always cracks me up when people ask other people to go and search out clips for them. Any reason you can't do it yourself?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Ironic that Xhekaj has made a name for himself by jumping people from behind and then got jumped from behind by Seeler and folded like a lawn chair :laugh:
Post one (1) example. And no, Paré doesn't count since he was given multiple chances to square up.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Some of the takes in here are pretty wild. I don’t get how people are saying Couturier “threw the first punch”, there’s no punch here at all. And he clearly was being forced into this interaction by Xhekaj who was holding onto him.

You can see Couturier looking to the official with his hands up clearly not wanting to fight and taking his gloves off to protect himself without turtling. This is probably where the ref should have stopped the altercation anyway. There wasnt really a fight so it’s hard to call it a 3rd man in situation.

The unsportsmanlike makes me think X said something off the wall or maybe they didn’t like him trying to force Cout to fight and they didn’t call Seeler for stopping it. Really not that outrageous of a call.

Reactions: deca guard

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Xhekaj is really lookin like a clown this season.

He'll be out of the NHL in a year or two. Only reason he even sees the ice is because the Habs d is beyond AHL level for half of it.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
From the unbiased eye,

Seeler just saved xhekaj from coots battering him

Xhekaj should get 2 for starting it…. Right call was made

Does the NHL give good employe benefits?

Lmao 2 thoughts on this

1. No way Xhekaj should've gotten the only penalty on this. Egregious call
2. Xhekaj is a bum for trying to fight Sean Couturier of all people. Wasn't even a headshot. Seeler had every right to jump in. He lucky seeler didnt start taking shots

He clearly tried a blindside hit.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Some of the takes in here are pretty wild. I don’t get how people are saying Couturier “threw the first punch”, there’s no punch here at all. And he clearly was being forced into this interaction by Xhekaj who was holding onto him.

You can see Couturier looking to the official with his hands up clearly not wanting to fight and taking his gloves off to protect himself without turtling. This is probably where the ref should have stopped the altercation anyway. There wasnt really a fight so it’s hard to call it a 3rd man in situation.

The unsportsmanlike makes me think X said something off the wall or maybe they didn’t like him trying to force Cout to fight and they didn’t call Seeler for stopping it. Really not that outrageous of a call.

He did not have to droo the gloves at all and start throwing a punch if he did not want to fight.

Just walk away.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Must’ve thought the fight wasn’t “in progress” yet as they were just coming in to tie up? Only thing I can come up with on not giving the 3rd man in, but giving Jackeye the penalty makes little sense.

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Couturier is the one who looks pathetic. Takes a shot at someone. Then gets out of answering for it because his lapdog (Seeler) of a teammate comes to his “rescue”.

The call is bizarre. No way around that.
Are you new? Teammates stick up for each other. That's what Xhekaj did for Dach and that's what Seeler did for his captain, who was way overmatched. If Seeler is a lapdog, then so is Xhekaj. In reality, they're both good teammates.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
He did not have to droo the gloves at all and start throwing a punch if he did not want to fight.

Just walk away.
There was no punch, where are you guys getting that a punch was thrown? And he couldn’t “walk away”. X was holding him… and given his M. O. “WiFi” (are they still calling him that?) isn’t exactly the kind of player a guy should turn his back on….

SUX2BU

Average user of an average team
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
00779e5a7ed256a2318809b73a3cbcfc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad