Couturier head shots Dach. Couturier drops the gloves with Xhekaj. Seeler comes in as a 3rd fighter. Xhekaj gets the penalty...?

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
because the never actually engaged in a fight I can see not getting third man in.
but should have been at least offsetting.

I did like couturier there. Drops his glove. Looks at the ref. Ref doesn’t step in. Shakes his head and squares up.

He was going to try it. Good for him.
Couturier literally punched Xhekaj in the head before Seeler jumped in.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Couturier literally punched Xhekaj in the head before Seeler jumped in.

When does that happen? I only see Couturier grabbing for his jersey.

As for the instigator, Xhekaj tosses his stick away. It's pretty clear what his intentions were.

Like I said there should've been more offsetting penalties but this doesn't look like some great miscarriage of justice.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I don’t see any fight thus no third man, see no head shot. I would say both teams should have gotten 2 mins offsetting pens. So it’s a missed two min call in a game, how many times does that happen in every single game.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This reminds me of Stevie Downie squaring off against Ovechkin back in the day, then Matt Bradley came in at the last moment to take the fight himself.

But in this case, no real fight occured. Seeler was being a good teammate, not letting his captain get beaten down by a true beast in Xhekaj.

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
At this point it seems confirmed Xhekaj is a bottom pairing dime a dozen player, nobody needs to fight him unless it’s egregious

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Who gaf it’s Xhagssh. Guy always jumps un expecting opponents
I am Xhagshh
peon-warcraft3.gif

Who be you?

• Love
Reactions: LDX

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
why are people saying the fight hasn't started. coots throws a right and seelers attack from the xhekajs blindside after xhekaj had already dropped the gloves and squared up with coots. should have been called.
You could call it that way , but then you end up with:

Couturier 5 for fighting
Seeler - game misconduct 3rd man in

Xhekaj - 2 for instigation (based on what was actually called on the ice) , 5 for fighting and ten minute misconduct for the instigator.

Seems like overkill to me, and the on ice manpower is the same result.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad