Couturier head shots Dach. Couturier drops the gloves with Xhekaj. Seeler comes in as a 3rd fighter. Xhekaj gets the penalty...?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lmao 2 thoughts on this

1. No way Xhekaj should've gotten the only penalty on this. Egregious call
2. Xhekaj is a bum for trying to fight Sean Couturier of all people. Wasn't even a headshot. Seeler had every right to jump in. He lucky seeler didnt start taking shots

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I saw Couturier drop the gloves first.

If he doesn't want to fight he can just leave and skate away. He does not do that.
I mean some ahl player came after him, he dropped his gloves for protection …. And xhekaj stopped the tough guy routine.

Xhekaj has a reputation for not allowing a player to join the fight fairly

• Wow
Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Lmao 2 thoughts on this

2. Xhekaj is a bum for trying to fight Sean Couturier of all people. Wasn't even a headshot. Seeler had every right to jump in. He lucky seeler didnt start taking shots
Couturier could have just walked away. He dropped the gloves.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I have a feeling that Xhekaj is on the officials' radar so he won't get the benefit of the doubt for awhile.

Reactions: MadLuke

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I mean some ahl player came after him, he dropped his gloves for protection …. And xhekaj stopped the tough guy routine.
For "protection" from what? Xhekaj was inviting him to fight and chatting with him.

You really think Xhekaj is afraid of Couturier or Seeler?

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Lmao 2 thoughts on this

I actually agree that it wasn't a headshot (in terms of principle point of contact), but he did get hit in the head, and to see a guy who's injury prone snap his head back like that you kind of have to respond if you're Xhekaj. And I agree Seeler should have stepped in.

Really the only people at fault here are the refs, and they'll of course be the only ones not held accountable for it whatsoever.

TKB

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
No issue with Seeler jumping in here, Xhekaj could have literally killed and ended Couturier's career given his injury history. But how does Xhekaj end up with a penalty? Makes no sense.
Can't see tell for sure on this clip, but it looks like he probably tracked him down for an altercation. If thee had been fighting penalties assessed he likely would have received an instigator penalty.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Can't see tell for sure on this clip, but it looks like he probably tracked him down for an altercation. If thee had been fighting penalties assessed he likely would have received an instigator penalty.
Couturier dropped the gloves first. We don't know what was said on the ice but Couturier was shaking his head, he probably didn't want to fight. Maybe refs took that into account. Seeler should have still gotten a penalty here.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Well either he gets a 2+5+10 and one of the Flyers gets 5 or just give Xhekaj 2. Couts is like a 15 year veteran, pretty respected, and has a pretty clean rap sheet. The other guy has been in hot water lately

• Wow
Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad