Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
My heart is pretty bullish on this team this year. My brain is of course working to prepare for another year of not even sniffing the playoffs.

More than ever on opening night I’m hoping to see the Habs lay an absolute thumping. Start the year on the highest note and really set a tone for believing in themselves. Alas it will probably be another 6-5 gong show but a man can dream

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
My heart is pretty bullish on this team this year. My brain is of course working to prepare for another year of not even sniffing the playoffs.

More than ever on opening night I’m hoping to see the Habs lay an absolute thumping. Start the year on the highest note and really set a tone for believing in themselves. Alas it will probably be another 6-5 gong show but a man can dream
Indeed. Even with Dach, Laine and probably Guhle going down to injury it will still be a fun team...as long as Suzuki and Montembeault don't get hurt we should be fine. Gotta learn to be optimistic and have a glass half-full perspective even with the jinxed players and dark cloud above us. Hughes should be prepared to make quick deals when all of this happens. I have faith and maybe we can get a lottery pick...Go Habs!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
There is so much to be excited about with this team from top to bottom. I'm trying to contain it and remain cautiously optimistic.

I'm looking for the team to take a nice step in the right direction this season. I love what HuGo is building and I think this team is going to be very good in a few years.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
He’s doing this against one of our top Dmen when usually he’s begging covered by a forward

Lane is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Nice one conspiracy theorist.

This is an AI generated video that the Habs twitter is using as an effort to put hype on Lane Hutson.

I have been watching hockey for 120 years and I've majored in physiology, there's no way that someone with legs as skinny as Hutson could actually manuevre around someone strong and built like Guhle. My doctorate in physics actually allows me to calculate the projected force from Hutson's tiny quads and small butt and it actually can't create separation.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
There is so much to be excited about with this team from top to bottom. I'm trying to contain it and remain cautiously optimistic.

I'm looking for the team to take a nice step in the right direction this season. I love what HuGo is building and I think this team is going to be very good in a few years.
From my perspective if Habs are not in da playoffs after game 1 of 2024-25 season I call the whole rebuild a bust.

Reactions: knuck

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

just prepare mentally for that one heartbreaking season-ending injury. you know it's gonna happen

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Will the pre-season games get televised on TSN2?

I looked at my cable schedule (for a MTL based suscriber) and TSN/Sportnet tv guide is saying they're broadcasting rugby / nascar / some NFL games but nothing related to hockey.

RDS schedule displays the 2 prospects games

(edit talking about prospect tournament games for the 14/15th)

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
Here’s a thread to all the events to look forward to leading up to the start of the season. I don’t know them all, but here’s my best shot. Fill me in for those who know the dates, I’m filling out approximates here:
Thanks for this, I love a clean informative bullet list :)

I can't remember being that excited for a new season. And a new future. Even if half of the young guys turn out good, we will be in a great position, but I have a feeling that we have a quality group here. I think ze big bosses are doing a fantastic job and just thinking of what the team might look like next year, the one after, etc... We're gonna have fun guys.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The answer is to be bullish about the process.
The P word is not a goal I aspire to at this point.
Integrating the talent we possess properly on our main club is.
Trying to jump three steps is a mistake let's start with trying to score more than we let in.
I know it sounds simple stupid but it's always been a stat coaches look at when determining what a good team looks like.
The better we do it the further we have progressed.

Reactions: the valiant effort

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada

There are a lot of good things to be excited about this year that aren't the playoffs.

- Tankers got their guy and he's coming next year
- Fans who wanted some more offensive punch got their guy in Laine
- Dach hasn't been ruled out for the season as of today (yet)
- Hopefully our D merry-go-round has a clearer picture as the season progresses, but it's exciting to see how guys will fit in and maybe steal spots.
- Laval should be really fun to check in on.

For the first time in a long time, I'm excited to watch the Habs play hockey every night. That means something, IMO, even if playoffs aren't necessarily the goal or realistic.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I am absolutely stoked for this season. Since 2015-2016, there was only one or two bright spots on the club that you'd actually tune into to watch and root for.

This year, I'm just so friggin excited to watch Suzuki, Laine, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook, Guhle, Hutson, Beck, Reinbacher develop and try to take the next step. I don't remember the last time we had such a long list of young players that we interesting to follow. 2007 is probably the last time we had a similar list with Higgins, Komisarek, Plekanec, Kostitsyn x2, O'byrne, Grabovski, Latendresse, Price, Halak, Lapierre, Streit, D'agostini.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I am absolutely stoked for this season. Since 2015-2015, there was only one or two bright spots on the club that you'd actually tune into to watch and root for.

This year, I'm just so friggin excited to watch Suzuki, Laine, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook, Guhle, Hutson, Beck, Reinbacher develop and try to take the next step. I don't remember the last time we had such a long list of young players that we interesting to follow. 2007 is probably the last time we had a similar list with Higgins, Komisarek, Plekanec, Kostitsyn x2, O'byrne, Grabovski, Latendresse, Price, Halak, Lapierre, Streit, D'agostini.
same.

A kid named Subban got drafted that year too. And a vet offensive player got 84 pts, there were ch flags on all the cars.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I am absolutely stoked for this season. Since 2015-2015, there was only one or two bright spots on the club that you'd actually tune into to watch and root for.

Whoo boi... I hope the 2024 list fairs a LOT better than the 2007 list.

• Haha
Reactions: the valiant effort

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Whoo boi... I hope the 2024 list fairs a LOT better than the 2007 list.
Yup it is! And 2007 was super exciting. This is going to be a lot of fun to follow this group of players!

same.

A kid named Subban got drafted that year too. And a vet offensive player got 84 pts, there were ch flags on all the cars.
Yup, we added Pacioretty, McDonagh, Weber, and Subban that season too.

Reactions: Naslundforever

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
While this new generation group is looking more promising than what we've had in a long time, to me coaching is still a huge question mark. not even a question mark really. I don't think we have all the right skillset behind the bench to take this group to da playoffs. Marty is good with players (though he did ruin Xhekaj :D ) but he is not a tactician. Robidas is bleh at best. Letowski I don't even know what he brings. Meritocracy is still a concept that only applies to the rookies and coach favorites. (hello Donkey and Gallagher).

But... i am excited to see what this group can do. I hope they get all the support that need from the management. Time's a-tickin'.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
While this new generation group is looking more promising than what we've had in a long time, to me coaching is still a huge question mark. not even a question mark really. I don't think we have all the right skillset behind the bench to take this group to da playoffs. Marty is good with players (though he did ruin Xhekaj :D ) but he is not a tactician. Robidas is bleh at best. Letowski I don't even know what he brings. Meritocracy is still a concept that only applies to the rookies and coach favorites. (hello Donkey and Gallagher).

But... i am excited to see what this group can do. I hope they get all the support that need from the management. Time's a-tickin'.
It's not just the kids, who need to continue to develop. Our coaches have to be better also.
This will be the 1st year where MSL could get a ton of pressure, to be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad