Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 6 hours)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 150 61.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.5%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 14.6%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
You'd probably have to pay something to move Dvorak now with the salary cap being used for most teams at the start.. and if just getting Pezzetta in the line-up makes us a tougher team to play against and not a bunch of 'ballerinas' then I'd say we are splitting hairs here.

And what about waiving the f*** out of him like we did for Armia last year?

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Both MSL and Suzuki mentioned how there was going to be more accountability this year. Hopefully that's not the "vets get a freepass and young players do not" version of that.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Keeping the only player who could have potentially softened the blow a bit was too obvious. Instead we cut him in favor of a career AHLer.
Maybe because that carreer AHLer came to the camp wanting to show something, and he did, contrary to that gem you are talking about who has shown no hunger during camp. Things like that get noticed by the coaching staff. It is tolerated for a vet, but not for a youngster who wants to win a spot.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Having a left shot center with experience in the line-up is higher on my list of importance than Pezzetta coming in the line-up to maybe have a staged fight with Lorentz.
There's enough players on this team to dress both Dvorak and Pezzetta...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There's enough players on this team to dress both Dvorak and Pezzetta...

Yes, there is.. but I also don't see Pezzetta providing much value here. The Leafs aren't gritty. They don't have a middleweight that's gonna go with Pezzetta.

Lets resign Dvo to a multi year contract!

No, let's let him get us to the trade deadline and address the hole in free agency/trades later on when it is prudent to do so.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Yes, there is.. but I also don't see Pezzetta providing much value here. The Leafs aren't gritty. They don't have a middleweight that's gonna go with Pezzetta.
If that's the criteria, then we'd dress like 8 skaters, one of them being Dvorak because he's a LHS Center.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I can’t wait for that bottom 6 to change next year.
I am still shocked that BOTH of Anderson and Gallagher are still here and not just 1

But knowing it's because both had 3 years left isn't surprising that it's hard to move them

Should get a tad easier after, sigh, this next year bringing it to 2 years left each

Have to imagine 1 get traded and 1 get bought out next summer

But once the rest of the (3 problem) contracts are gone, we'll fiiiinally be able to build a real team

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Habs are already using LTIR (off-season one at that via RHP), they won't be accruing anything until both RHP and Laine contracts are removed from LTIR and the team is under the cap or they move about $3m of salary (if puck media is accurate) before those two are removed from LTIR (they need to stay there for 24 days minimum).

Woll didn't look like a guy who wasn't going to play tonight yesterday... :(

Yeah, of course, they're not accruing space, but that doesn't matter. We're going to have enough space to do what we want regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad