Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 9 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
your mom was a Pierre Dagenais fan

View attachment 911086
IMG_9604.gif

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I think this team is far away from competing and this starts to get demoralizing. I don’t want to see the first cup in my life in my 40s, at this point I will be a fossile who doesn’t care about this stuff anymore.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
Ask yourself : who do you want as the 13th forward? (meaning : someone who won't play more than 50% of the games and who can be left in the stands for a few weeks without consequence). Pezzetta or a youngster like Heineman/Kapanen?

Or the other way to ask the question : What's best for the development of youngsters like Heineman/Kapanen? Not playing more than 50% of NHL games and being left in the stands for long periods OR playing on the top line of a men's team?

No matter how you ask the question, for me the answer is Pezz as 13th forward.

Now, if Heineman or Kapanen can steal a spot among the top 12 forwards, that's a different story, but Pezz is probably still the 13th forward and someone else has to go.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Ask yourself : who do you want as the 13th forward? (meaning : someone who won't play more than 50% of the games and who can be left in the stands for a few weeks without consequence). Pezzetta or a youngster like Heineman/Kapanen?

Or the other way to ask the question : What's best for the development of youngsters like Heineman/Kapanen? Not playing more than 50% of NHL games and being left in the stands for long periods OR playing on the top line of a men's team?

No matter how you ask the question, for me the answer is Pezz as 13th forward.

Now, if Heineman or Kapanen can steal a spot among the top 12 forwards, that's a different story, but Pezz is probably still the 13th forward and someone else has to go.
With RHP/Laine injured long term, the #13 forward will play half the season minimun. Pezz played 61 games last season.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Curious what gives you confidence that the team will contend in one year?

One year is the best case scenario that require ideal progression of youth and key moves this summer.

Most likely is in 3 years when Demidov, Fowler, Mailloux, Reinbacher, Engstrom, Hage and other prospects are NHL established and all the deadwood is gone.

Reactions: Canadienna

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Going by Gorton's interview today (coming from 3rd party who listened to it since I haven't), looks like they really like Kapanen and see him as an option to replace Laine if they don't ship im back...otherwise Roy, Gallagher or Armia.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think this team is far away from competing and this starts to get demoralizing. I don’t want to see the first cup in my life in my 40s, at this point I will be a fossile who doesn’t care about this stuff anymore.
When I watched the Habs win in 1993 I thought to myself that this could be the last cup I ever watch them win. Going on 32 years....

Reactions: dinodebino

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
I like Heineman but I have higher aspirations for him than the 4th line.
I agree. But he won’t be able to move up if he is in the AHL. Give him a real chance. If he earns it move him up the line-up. ABB has had chances. If it doesn't work out he can always be sent down. I think Heineman will be alright.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Honestly, even without the surface level anger that I had when Laine was kneed, I still want to see somebody take some serious runs at Marner/Nylander in Game 1.

I don't mean just finishing their checks, I mean ride the line between charging and a legal hit as much as possible.

I believe it's the right hockey decision.

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
You are right but the amount of condescending posts on this site often times put people on the defensive
I am not a regular poster, but your statement is not wrong.

Going by Gorton's interview today (coming from 3rd party who listened to it since I haven't), looks like they really like Kapanen and see him as an option to replace Laine if they don't ship im back...otherwise Roy, Gallagher or Armia.
I hope it's Kapanen!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad