Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 7 days) - Mont Tremblant vacay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 141 60.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I feel it’s the only option left. The way his contract is structured there’s no other way to get rid of him except to send him home. There’s been some creative ways in the past notably Cristobal Huet being loaned to a team in Europe but that would be too difficult I assume.

I’m not a fan of buyout since we will still be paying him for double the length of his contract (4 years instead of 2) at a reasonable cap hit. Anybody knows why we have to pay a buyout double the time?

Why can’t we just pay the full amount for the length of the original contract. I wouldn’t mind paying the whole thing for the next two years if he was bought out next season. I just hate the idea of having dead cap space during our competitive window.

Leaving him as a healthy scratch could be an option but I think it would become a bigger distraction than him being sent home. Being a healthy scratch for any extended period of time for the next 3 seasons can become very long.

Give him the option to continue his career in the AHL or send him home and be done with it.

I think any Free Agent can realize we handled the situation the best we could. Gallagher been done for a few years and we tried our best to give him all the opportunities but there’s a limit to how much you can drag a players career. Especially when there’s 0 flexibility in the term of his contract.

The ideal situation would be buyout and pay the full amount the next two years but that doesn’t seem like a possibility.
can’t send him to the minors he has a full non movement clause.

Only option is to find a trade partner and he waives his clause or buy him out in the summer. Send him home isn’t an option, still counts on cap, and is also extremely unprofessional. Just because he has dropped off, it is no way to treat a player, especially one who is broken because of how hard he played for them in the past.

Buyout next summer
Cap Savings yr 1 is 4.75 mil
Cap Savings yr 2 is 2.25 mil
Cap Savings yr 3 is a neg 1.75
Cap savings yr 4 is a neg 1.75

Last edited:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
can’t send him to the minors he has a full non movement clause.

Only option is to find a trade partner and he waives his clause or buy him out in the summer. Send him home isn’t an option, still counts on cap, and is also extremely unprofessional. Just because he has dropped off it is no way to treat players, especially one who is broken because he hard he played.

Buyout next summer
Cap Savings yr 1 is 4.75 mil
Cap Savings yr 2 is 2.25 mil
Cap Savings yr 3 is a neg 1.75
Cap savings yr 4 is a neg 1.75
Million can just raise price of hotdogs by 10% and that money will be recovered in no time.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm the only optimistic poster in here it seems.

But the pre-season is way too long.
WC team if we can stay relatively healthy (preseason issues behind us).

Adding Laine at the deadline will be a huge bump, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a fall trade to boost the roster if the right piece comes available

Haters gonna hate, but this group is poised for a big step forward.

I expect Monty to have a big year as he chases that Olympic roster spot.

Healthy...
CC will have a monster year.

Dach & Newhook are going to post career bests

Hutson may well make a run at ROY

Any one or more of Strubble, Barron, Roy and Xhekaj will take a big step forward.

Future is bright 😎
(& It's closer than the Debbie downers want to believe)

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
WC team if we can stay relatively healthy (preseason issues behind us).

Adding Laine at the deadline will be a huge bump, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a fall trade to boost the roster if the right piece comes available

Haters gonna hate, but this group is poised for a big step forward.

I expect Monty to have a big year as he chases that Olympic roster spot.

Healthy...
CC will have a monster year.

Dach & Newhook are going to post career bests

Hutson may well make a run at ROY

Any one or more of Strubble, Barron, Roy and Xhekaj will take a big step forward.

Future is bright 😎
(& It's closer than the Debbie downers want to believe)
Like your optimism but no chance of WC, maybe next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad