Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 6 days) - Mont Tremblant vacay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 141 60.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.9%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
Is there a set date league wide to confirm your 23 man roster or it is something like 48 hours before your first game ?

Just asking this cause with the regular season starting friday if its the same date for each club they would have to do it today/tomorrow

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Is there a set date league wide to confirm your 23 man roster or it is something like 48 hours before your first game ?

Just asking this cause with the regular season starting friday if its the same date for each club they would have to do it today/tomorrow
The regular seasons start on Oct. 8th. The games in Prague are considered season games, but the season isn't considered to officially start on Friday.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
For me:

To Laval - Dobes, Logan, Eng, Roy, Condotta

Live another day - Hein, Tuch, Kap

All three guys above deserve a spot before Roy. If Prim didn’t have to clear waivers he would be sent down too.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
He blocked a shot during a PK and he didn’t play much after. I think it was only after Dach’s fight that he returned on ice.
Dvorak played 17:31 minutes, he was the 4th most used forward during the game. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a bobo thought.
Or that he wasn't invisible.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
There's something in the CBA preventing us of just sending him home? I'm curious, I would think it's a possibility unless the rules changed. Pay him but simply don't use him.
He would have to be active on the roster since he's not injured and then he would complain he's not playing while being healthy and raise greivance against the club. So not an option.

No buyout window until post playoffs next Spring either.

The only option is keep him around as the 13th forward, and then 14th once Laine comes back, but MSL likes him too much to do that unfortunatly.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
There's something in the CBA preventing us of just sending him home? I'm curious, I would think it's a possibility unless the rules changed. Pay him but simply don't use him.
Make him a healthy scratch, sure, but send him home, not a chance.

Unless a guy is a total issue in the room no team is going to do that. Especially, this one, it goes against everything they talk about. Do that, and why would any guy want to sign a long term contract here.

I get people have had it with Gally but he did get 16 goals (5th on team). Just ride another year, and potentially buy him out. That’s the correct way to do it.

Reactions: sj315 and badfish

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
He would have to be active on the roster since he's not injured and then he would complain he's not playing while being healthy and raise greivance against the club. So not an option.

No buyout window until post playoffs next Spring either.

The only option is keep him around as the 13th forward, and then 14th once Laine comes back, but MSL likes him too much to do that unfortunatly.
I feel it’s the only option left. The way his contract is structured there’s no other way to get rid of him except to send him home. There’s been some creative ways in the past notably Cristobal Huet being loaned to a team in Europe but that would be too difficult I assume.

I’m not a fan of buyout since we will still be paying him for double the length of his contract (4 years instead of 2) at a reasonable cap hit. Anybody knows why we have to pay a buyout double the length?

Why can’t we just pay the full amount for the length of the original contract. I wouldn’t mind paying the whole thing for the next two years if he was bought out next season. I just hate the idea of having dead cap space during our competitive window.

Make him a healthy scratch, sure, but send him home, not a chance.

Unless a guy is a total issue in the room no team is going to do that. Especially, this one, it goes against everything they talk about. Do that, and why would any guy want to sign a long term contract here.

I get people have had it with Gally but he did get 16 goals (5th on team). Just ride another year, and potentially buy him out. That’s the correct way to do it.
Leaving him as a healthy scratch could be an option but I think it would become a bigger distraction than him being sent home. Being a healthy scratch for any extended period of time for the next 3 seasons can become very long.

Give him the option to continue his career in the AHL or send him home and be done with it.

I think any Free Agent can realize we handled the situation the best we could. Gallagher been done for a few years and we tried our best to give him all the opportunities but there’s a limit to how much you can drag a players career. Especially when there’s 0 flexibility in the term of his contract to try and do the right thing (waiver).

The ideal situation would be buyout and pay the full amount the next two years but that doesn’t seem like a possibility.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad