Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 5 days) - Mont Tremblant vacay

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 144 60.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.1%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Engels annoys me more - won't say a single negative thing about a player cause he wants to be their friend.
The guy stinks as well, I don't trust his words anymore. At the end of last season, he said the team this upcoming season would look a lot different and it hasn't. We've added one NHLer outside the organization, and it got done on a whim since nobody else wanted his cap hit.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Forget it. I've said all along this isn't about fighting.
If I'm coming in to Montreal I have a handful of players names up on the board I'm looking to take off their game.
Most of the time it's with stuff after the whistle like digs bumps face washes etc.
Xhekaj and Pezz are not going to looking to fight over that shit and will usually be on the bench when it happens.
If they go after anyone they'll get the two ten and a game routine.
Slaf and Kirby will have some push back but I don't see anyone else in that group stepping in or up and I'm not keen on them doing it.
It's not like we haven't seen this very movie on numerous occasions in the past.
It's rare we are going to see incidents like these past couple of pre-season games where a POS check will bring out the fireworks.
What isn't rare is teams looking to bully us by taking advantage of our lack of grit on the ice.
You go on and on and on. Habs are not shit due to lack of toughness. They are shit due to lack of skill.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
The dude is a maniac he's fearless stands up to anyone and is often in their face.
Why are people trying to turn the argument into something it isn't.
It's about standing up for your team mates when the temperature rises.
We are soft we were soft last year and nothing we've added this season has made us any tougher to play against.
We have help coming but it isn't here yet. It's all well and nice to have some jam but it has to be on the ice not on the bench or in the minors.

This is my last word on the subject the team will have to prove me wrong going forward but I won't be holding my breath.
Good make it your last word. Stick to it.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Try to be more precise
video.gif

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
He's been getting on my nerves for 3 years now...:confused:

Very few are the sports journalists that don't get on my nerves with their consistently-inane questions.

Which is why I don't really pay attention to the broadcast news coverage surrounding sports anymore. I watch the games, skim articles/headlines, watch more games, and that's it.

But worse than the unskilled/inarticulate journalists are those that ask questions while at the same time answering that same question themselves out of insecurity/intellectual incompetence

Then we go to the absolute worst journalists, those that don't deserve their title at all; those seeking simple validation of their viewpoints instead of answers that contradict the points they're trying to drive home. Way too many of those in modern media, but I feel that there's an even greater proportion of those in Sports than in everday news.

Oh, and another important mention on my journalistic shitlist goes to those that twist statements/words to appear to be right/more important than they really are (sophistry, appeal to authority that they endeavor to manufacture, etc.).

Sad thing though, is that I've seen Basu commit all of those offenses at various points in the last I don't know how many years I've been following this sport.

So yeah, f*** Basu.

Oh, and we're technically only 4 days and some hours removed from our first regular season game. I cannot wait even though this season won't likely be a pretty one again for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: morhilane

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The guy stinks as well, I don't trust his words anymore. At the end of last season, he said the team this upcoming season would look a lot different and it hasn't. We've added one NHLer outside the organization, and it got done on a whim since nobody else wanted his cap hit.
He also 100% 'guaranteed PLD and scoffed at idea of Habs getting Laine lol'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad