Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 5 days) - Mont Tremblant vacay

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 144 60.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.1%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
There's no way that a team will keep 11 million in the press box for long periods of time. We are stuck until Gallagher goes on LTIR on that end.. and then we need to move Anderson when he has 1 year left on his deal.

Reality of the business, the final parting gifts from MB.

Sergachev isn't tough but he will engage.

But we know that Slaf will engage physically.. Dach has handedly won both his fights. Guhle is tough and will get involved and hit. Reinbacher isn't dirty but he will not shy away from physical altercations.

We've got Tuch coming, Florian Xhekaj, we just drafted Thorpe. We have Arber and Struble.

I don't think we are done adding toughness and size. But that's certainly not one of my concerns with the roster, there's more than enough f*** you on the roster.. the only real soft players are Caufield and Hutson long term but they are our most offensively gifted guys up front and are very small, so we know thats not in their game.

I agree. This isn't an element they aren't wanting to add. They know it's important and the size of Slaf and Reinbacher are things that weighed into their decision to draft them.. not to mention someone like Beck is a bit of an agitator and likes to play physical, as well.

Not me, we got too many guys coming up. We know Armia dogs it too often.. at best I'd give him 1 year contracts and trade him as soon as it's clear that all the young guys are better. No term for him, at all.
As long as we have a guy who can forecheck and defend and score 15-20 in the system, then I’d agree. There may be a lot of guys, but most won’t be nhlers. I wouldn’t necessarily say Armia dogs it. He’s just not a fast skater.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
The Tanev I saw in the post season was not Josh Gorges give me f***ing break.
Many thought Dallas lost their edge and the series when Tanev went down.
You just have to look at his mug to know he ain't Josh Gorges.
Tanev is a solid defensive player, great on the PK, and probably the best shot blocker in the league but he's not physical at all, it's not is game.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I don't care about training camp, Arber should be there game 1 vs Leafs. I don't wanna see Reeves skate around doing stupidities all game long.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tanev is a solid defensive player, great on the PK, and probably the best shot blocker in the league but he's not physical at all, it's not is game.
The dude is a maniac he's fearless stands up to anyone and is often in their face.
Why are people trying to turn the argument into something it isn't.
It's about standing up for your team mates when the temperature rises.
We are soft we were soft last year and nothing we've added this season has made us any tougher to play against.
We have help coming but it isn't here yet. It's all well and nice to have some jam but it has to be on the ice not on the bench or in the minors.

This is my last word on the subject the team will have to prove me wrong going forward but I won't be holding my breath.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Engels annoys me more - won't say a single negative thing about a player cause he wants to be their friend.

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'm still sticking with the lines I'd like to see:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine (Kapanen) - Dach - Dvorak
Armia - Newhook - Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson
Pez, ABB

But I think we'll see:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Armia - Dach - Newhook
Anderson - Dvorak - Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Kapanen
Pez, ABB

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm still sticking with the lines I'd like to see:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine (Kapanen) - Dach - Dvorak
Armia - Newhook - Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Anderson
Pez, ABB

But I think we'll see:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Armia - Dach - Newhook
Anderson - Dvorak - Roy
Gallagher - Evans - Kapanen
Pez, ABB
Blasphemy. Yoel must be on the first line!

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I miss Kostopulos much more. Last hab to systematically try and score with his face.

About Pezz not being a heavyweight - then he should not be a goon, period. It’s a criteria. It’s like saying the scorer does not score because he does not have a good shot.

Pezz isn't a goon. He's a 4th line grinder, hitter who PKs and occasionally fights. He was at the top of the league for hits last year. He never let's up on hits, and he is a decent penalty killer.

Reeves/Rempe are goons.

Reactions: Dick Duff

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
I don’t know how long we have seen people complain they get pushed around, it’s been ongoing for years. Now all of a sudden, it’s not a problem.

Just watch how the team reacting to the Pare and Grieg hit and that says all you need to know about team toughness.

Scrub hit Hedman and immediately Kucherov, a freaking superstar went apeshit, and others went at that dude&others all night long. That’s how it should be. The only Hab who had courage to do anything was Wifi.

Dach and Laine laying on the ice, guys were looking around for hotties in the stands. Embarrassing. Don’t tell me it was there top guys on the ice because none of them can carry Kuchs equipment bag and that dude didn’t hesitate.

Reactions: the valiant effort

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pezz isn't a goon. He's a 4th line grinder, hitter who PKs and occasionally fights. He was at the top of the league for hits last year. He never let's up on hits, and he is a decent penalty killer.

Reeves/Rempe are goons.
Pezz SH TOI/G:
2023-2024: 0:08
2022-2023: 0:23
2021-2022: 0:00

He's not on the PK on the Habs, in fact he's barely playing, MSL played under 8 minutes per game last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad