Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 5 days) - Mont Tremblant vacay

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 144 61.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Pezz is one of their leading hitters

Just read that the Sens have called up a bunch of ahl plugs for the Saturday game. I would NOT dress my best players if I were the Habs. Especially with their injury history. These guys will not care about running our best.
Sens are playing tonight in Detroit, so they might not all be for Saturday.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
People only remember the ass beating he took again Reaves but if he stick to fighting middleweight, he doesn't look too bad. In fact, looking on hockeyfights site, the guy have a positive win/loss ratio.
Agree. Pezz has to stick to his weight class. The problem is that again... Habs have only one player that can go pretty much with anyone... and if he is not playing or in the box, it's all Pezz.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
As expected, Sens are going to goon it up on Sat. I hope Habs brass has enough brains to not dress ANY valuable players for that game. This is absolutely stupid meaningless game. They don't need an extra game to gel. Lines are set. There is zero to gain from this game.

Sit them all down. Bring up entire AHL and ECHL or whatever butt-f***-HL team you want. Do not dress Suzuki, Dach, Caufield, Slaf, Hutson, Guhle. Just don't.

Bring up Arseneau

Reactions: The Real Timo

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Pezz is one of their leading hitters

Just read that the Sens have called up a bunch of ahl plugs for the Saturday game. I would NOT dress my best players if I were the Habs. Especially with their injury history. These guys will not care about running our best.

It's for the away game against Detroit tonight. In front of their own fans, they'll ice a full NHL lineup at home against Montreal.

Reactions: CDN24

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Yup, his big losses were to Deslauriers, Reeves & Kassian, they're heavyweights. He's done well against everyone else.
People just bitch about guys not fighting. Pezz is more than willing, yet they bitch because he’s not a heavyweight? The guy will drop them with anyone and hits like crazy. People need to stop complaining. I’d much rather have a big guy who hits and can play the game than a goon anyway.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
People only remember the ass beating he took again Reaves but if he stick to fighting middleweight, he doesn't look too bad. In fact, looking on hockeyfights site, the guy have a positive win/loss ratio.
I agree but most of the time it isn't people in his weight class that need to be dealt with.

It's for the away game against Detroit tonight. In front of their own fans, they'll ice a full NHL lineup at home against Montreal.
As should we. The message was sent now we have to live up to it.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
People just bitch about guys not fighting. Pezz is more than willing, yet they bitch because he’s not a heavyweight? The guy will drop them with anyone and hits like crazy. People need to stop complaining. I’d much rather have a big guy who hits and can play the game than a goon anyway.
LOL
This is not about fighting or not fighting. It's about having players with built in DNA to react when shit happens.
This is about having players who can win one on one board battles having players who can cycle the puck and earn zone time.
The balance on our bottom six is pathetic like it or not that's what this is about.
We need to become a team that can do the leaning not the one constantly getting leaned on.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
100% agree.

Ice the bare minimum required for NHL players but sit as many as you can.
Ice the same lineup as last with the exception of Dach.

That's why I said "some bum-f***-HL" team. Doesn't have to be AHL, doesn't even have to be Habs :D
Haha, love to see, it.

Where did you play, "California Penal"

5-10 guys on a 2 day PTO.

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
A test to see if a team is soft is Tkachuk just hanging around in the middle of your own blue paint after the whistle and running his mouth on your home ice. The home team just put their heads down and look away and know they could never do that in the Sens crease.

If you’re not one of the couple of media figures that have been spayed or neutered already you know how detrimental this is. Just having Xhekaj in the lineup goes a long way in making Tkachuk think twice.

Reactions: Levard

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
I don't understand people saying we are soft from top to bottom , do you guys think other teams have 25 AHL and ECHL goons under contract or something? If anything the only important softies on our team are Suzuki and Caufield but nobody wants to name them and wants to talk about *overall* team softness......interesting

I don't see us being softer than the average 2024 NHL hockey organization but I'd love to be proven wrong
if you're not icing a team of 18 Cam Neelys you're soft

- HabsHF, probably :dunno:

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
LOL
This is not about fighting or not fighting. It's about having players with built in DNA to react when shit happens.
This is about having players who can win one on one board battles having players who can cycle the puck and earn zone time.
The balance on our bottom six is pathetic like it or not that's what this is about.
We need to become a team that can do the leaning not the one constantly getting leaned on.
Pezz does. And no nhl team has that many guys on their roster who will do that anyway. Even though Dach and Slaf dropped the gloves, do you seriously want anyone in the top 6 doing that? And they have a lot of guys who win board battles. Pretty much all their big guys do. As for bottom 6, unfortunately not much can be done until they shed contracts. They’re stuck with Anderson , Gally and Dvorak for now. My feeling is that If a 4th line doesn’t materialize from within, I’m sure they’ll build that from without. I’ve said for a while that they need a solid 4th to compete for a cup. It’ll happen.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad