Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 3 days)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 145 60.7%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.1%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I've seen a lot more bad faith thrown torwards MSL than Barron.

If your answer is Barron, it might have more to do with your own preferences.

But aside all this, yeah sure, we'll pretend a #5-6D on a crappy team gets more hate than the coach.

Barron got blamed every games he played last year and several fans consider he is already a bust. Also he gets heat because Lehkonen won a Stanley Cup immediately after being traded.

Regarding MSL, as much as I like CC Slaf and NS‘s performance last year, I fail to have seen a true defensive system, an effective PP and an effective bottom 6. It s a rebuild so it is fine but if it does not improve this year, he should be accountable for those failures.

Reactions: the

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
This is why I was hoping the Habs wouldn't really improve.

Roger MacQueen, or Porter Martone would be massive gets.

If Calgary is alright and the Habs get 11-15th they can grab another stud prospect.

Use the later picks (2nds, late 1sts) to take homerun swings and if they're kind of working out you got ammo to trade. If they really work out you got some very good, tough decisions to make
Nah CGY will suck we will get FLA pick...
But yes Martone would be a perfect fit for Habs

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Habs put nobody on waivers today. So Barron, ABB and Pezz made the team since tomorrow is the deadline to send the season roster to the NHL and waiver eligable players had to be waived today.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
ABB was the only player in that group who was in jeopardy. IMO
Lots of people were asking for Barron to get waived. :laugh:

And unless there is a trade before tomorrow's deadline, this is pretty much last year line-up, so a one line team with a bottom 6 that can't score or stop pucks from getting in. :help:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That chart yesterday on RDS of all the high profile who got injured during preseason was wild. So many reckless plays. Anyone have any idea wth happened this year ?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
That chart yesterday on RDS of all the high profile who got injured during preseason was wild. So many reckless plays. Anyone have any idea wth happened this year ?
Not sure what, but somewhat sad to see it that this to finally act and fix what is a stupid system.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I've been seeing many claim it's because Florida won the Stanley Cup while they had the most PIM during the season, basically brought back goons/enforcers as a thing.

Side effect: talentless jambroni think they can win points with NHL GMs by being stupid goons again.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Confirmed ?

I still think ABB should have been a Canadien a long time ago. MB's management never communicated with him and preferred Alain. In any case, he improved his skating imo and outplayed Roy.
Not confirmed, but he wasn't waived at 2pm today and that was the deadline to waive anyone who require waivers you don't want on your official roster at 5pm tomorrow (deadline to be cap and roster size compliant). Habs waived nobody, so only waiver exampt players are going down tomorrow.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Confirmed ?

I still think ABB should have been a Canadien a long time ago. MB's management never communicated with him and preferred Alain. In any case, he improved his skating imo and outplayed Roy.
Hopefully if he does nothing in the first 10 games they waive him. Why do they want another midget?

Reactions: morhilane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad