Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 2 days)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Looking forward to seeing Suzuki in “gritty veteran” mode. Caufield finally healed. Slafkovsky as “arrived”. Dach back. Guhle a year better. Lane Studson.

Laine back.

God, I love hockey.

Go Habs Go
200w.gif

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Sweet Jesus those pp lines are embarrassing
The first unit is not embarrassing, the second unit will struggle depending on Hutson's influence. I'm not sure we can conclude much from preseason in terms of pp efficiency. It wasn't good, obviously, but we will only know once a full squad is out there for several games.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
The first unit is not embarrassing, the second unit will struggle depending on Hutson's influence. I'm not sure we can conclude much from preseason in terms of pp efficiency. It wasn't good, obviously, but we will only know once a full squad is out there for several games.
The first unit is embarrassing because MSL doesn't have the guts to tell Matheson he's a terrible ppqb and put Hutson there instead

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
They stop hemorraging goals on the special units! PK, PP and defending 6v5. Habs 5v5 differential was -4 last year, but their total differential was -53.

At EV, their differential was -9 (170 vs 179). A bit disingenuous leaving out 4v4 and 3v3.

They had -8 with their goalie pulled (4v12), which is a high risk situation for getting scored on. And 6v5 is not special teams as there are 12 players on the ice.

So, -17 with equal players on the ice.

Their true differential on special teams was -36, yet you make it sound like it's -49. This includes -4 for shorties (8v12).

They need to get better everywhere, which is normal for a rebuilding team. They can get better by fixing special teams, but a plus is a plus and a minus is a minus, no matter if it's even strenght or special teams, so if they get better at even strenght, it's still a plus vs their overall differential.

They can be anywhere around -35 in special teams again and get better at EV and be +15 and having less empty net goals, their differential will shrink from -53 to between -25 and -20.

They need to get better at even strenght too, not just special teams.

Last edited:

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
The first unit is embarrassing because MSL doesn't have the guts to tell Matheson he's a terrible ppqb and put Hutson there instead
We spent the first half a year without Slaf on the PP and lost Monahan after 49 games.

And still Matheson was one of the top PP point producers in the league last year.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
We spent the first half a year without Slaf on the PP and lost Monahan after 49 games.

And still Matheson was one of the top PP point producers in the league last year.
I don't give a crap how many points he leeched all you have to do is watch him to see that he cant pass to his right side and fails basic line holds 4 or 5 times a game that's pretty f***ing terrible imo.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don't give a crap how many points he leeched all you have to do is watch him to see that he cant pass to his right side and fails basic line holds 4 or 5 times a game that's pretty f***ing terrible imo.
So basically, are you saying "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts"?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I haven't seen the previous post but I know you're talking about Matheson.

f*** I hate that man on the PP.

There is no way Gallagher is still on the PP.

Hutson is getting 30 seconds a game of PP? Wow I love it here.

Man I was so excited for this year and loon at that, they just sap everything out of us.

Reactions: habsfan891

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Confirmed ?

I still think ABB should have been a Canadien a long time ago. MB's management never communicated with him and preferred Alain. In any case, he improved his skating imo and outplayed Roy.
ABB was on waivers last year I mentioned claim him, nobody wanted to touch him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad