Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 2 days)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Are we making another move soon.
Something just isn't adding up for me with these lines.
When does Columbus have to reach the floor?

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
This is one of the worst camp ive seen in recent memory. I expect us to have a really slow start to the season. We are gonna get killed wednesday.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Are we making another move soon.
Something just isn't adding up for me with these lines.
When does Columbus have to reach the floor?
Columbus is above the cap by about 2m.

and Habs should have traded Dvorak soon after acquiring Laine. They have until RHP/Laine comes back at this point.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Columbus is above the cap by about 2m.

and Habs should have traded Dvorak soon after acquiring Laine. They have until RHP/Laine comes back at this point.
Shame on me for reading dated material. I heard they were exempt for a time but had to be compliant by a certain date.
I didn't realized they added salary.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Shame on me for reading dated material. I heard they were exempt for a time but had to be compliant by a certain date.
I didn't realized they added salary.
They signed Labanc and have 3 players on IR who count against the cap but do not take roster spot.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think I'll switch channel whenever the third line is on the ice. I'm not expecting anything to happen during that time.
LOLOL
You don't know how much time I spent with a dazed look on my face waiting for our first line to hop over the boards these past two seasons.
But even then sometimes it wasn't watchable if they didn't have a proper D pairing on with them.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I hope Hutson's teammates on the PP will be ready to receive a puck anywhere on the ice, at any time. Especially the ones in good scoring positions.
He will have more success throwing pucks at the goalie hoping Gallagher garbage collect.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
LOLOL
You don't know how much time I spent with a dazed look on my face waiting for our first line to hop over the boards these past two seasons.
But even then sometimes it wasn't watchable if they didn't have a proper D pairing on with them.

Feels like watching a Demidov game

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I hope Hutson's teammates on the PP will be ready to receive a puck anywhere on the ice, at any time. Especially the ones in good scoring positions.
With that line up the strategy is simply.
Everyone crash the net while Lane's only job is to get the puck through.
Anything else is probably beyond our talent quotient.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Pre-season means absolutely nothing (especially since the team generally stopped caring about the games after the second Toronto game), but Montreal (especially without Laine) was most likely to be a bottom 5-10 team in the league this season regardless.
Totally agree, pre season means nothing, however I can't remember a camp where I saw nothing to watch or be excited for, I have been to all the pre season games and except Dach and Hutson there was nothing to see. Dach is an upgrade but I want to see him healthy first and also how much of an upgrade will he be

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We might have the worst bottom 9 forward core in the league. As much as it pains me to say, the top line may need to get broken up just to spread them out.
What has changed since last year to "turn the tide on half the losses"? The only difference is Dach instead of Monahan, and Hutson in the lineup. It seems like a MB strategy to just pray for luck.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
We might have the worst bottom 9 forward core in the league. As much as it pains me to say, the top line may need to get broken up just to spread them out.

What has changed since last year to "turn the tide on half the losses"? The only difference is Dach instead of Monahan, and Hutson in the lineup. It seems like a MB strategy to just pray for luck.
Habs will have a top-5 PP w Hutson as QB + dominant 3-on-3 OT…. take it to the bank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad