Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 2 days)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 146 60.8%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
I was expecting Armia on the 2nd line. I think it's the best option to start with, but I don't think we should stick Armia there for too long if things don't click. I'm ok with starting ABB and Heineman over Kapanen and Pezzetta to start the season, but I think there should be rotation in quickly to make sure Kapanen sees some ice.

I'd rather have Struble starting instead of Barron.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's crazy how much better the line-up looked - at least on paper - with Laine in it. Without him, aside from the first line, it's pretty awful.

Claiming Pelletier on waivers could be a good idea.
We needed that 2nd line. It put almost everyone in their right chair. Armia can be a good 3rd liner. Newhook can be a good 2nd liner when playing with two offensive players, or a good 3rd liner if he were the one to drop down.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It's crazy how much better the line-up looked - at least on paper - with Laine in it. Without him, aside from the first line, it's pretty awful.

Claiming Pelletier on waivers could be a good idea.

Claiming Pelletier would be a waste, Calgary's roster is one of the worst in the league and he can't crack it there.

Maybe Roy's on a therapy day or getting sent down.

He got sent down.

Oh god they're gonna put everyone in the same awful pre-season configuration.. if there's not a single one-timer threat, no NHL goalie is going to sweat anything.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
ABB/Dvorak/Anderson doesn't last more than a game. Or two, since MSL is sometimes slow at realizing shit don't work.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
With what I saw in the pre season I don't think being in the mix is possible, I saw absolutely nothing from that team. I think we are bound for another 5th overall

Pre-season means absolutely nothing (especially since the team generally stopped caring about the games after the second Toronto game), but Montreal (especially without Laine) was most likely to be a bottom 5-10 team in the league this season regardless.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Matheson / Hutson PP will sort itself out eventually.

Hope they keep CC away from the right side.
I haven't liked him on that left side either for a couple of seasons now.
A huge focus will be put on where the power play is breaking down this season both on zone entry and zone possession.

Last edited:
Reactions: morhilane

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I was kinda annoyed about ABB over Kapanen at first but with our first game at home I can understand letting him have that moment with his family since he likely won't be with the Habs all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad