Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 80 54.1%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Mesar

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Tuch

Votes: 7 4.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Yeah, can't believe this guy who's been out for a year and is a veteran at training camp didn't stop up and clap it bardown. Why did we even get him?
He’s coming back from shoulder surgery too lol.

Will take some time for his shot to be 100% like Caufield last year.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

9U43FJaH22v9.gif

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
In pre season games maybe they could pair Dach and Caufield together and Laine with Suzuki and Slaf. Caufield could help Dach get back into it with his energy and they already played together before and Laine get back into it with Suzuki.
I dunno, Caufield seems pretty adamant about keeping their line together lol, and I don't blame him

Reactions: SlafySZN and Deebs

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Roy does have an excuse...23 games of NHL experience. He might not be ready.
No excuse for a young player who isn't a lock to show a lack of effort. Imo, of course. It's early yet though

Reactions: Tyson

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Roy and Armia will be a good duo this season. Roy has enough playmaking for the two of them and Armia brings size and strength to the pair. It would be great if they had a nice 3C to play with, but alas... Dvorak or Evans will have to do I guess

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Look, I'm far from being a Dvorak fan. In his first year here, he didn't fufill expectations as a 2C. Last year was a write-off because of injuries. He hasn't worked out for us as a Top 6 guy. But...

It's so ridiculous that some fans believe that he's not even good enough to be a 3C or 4C, that "he's a useless player" or a guy that will "bring down his linemates" and prevent them from getting points or fulfilling their potential.

Some people just can't think or see reality outside the lens of their own emotions.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Roy had a goal and assist today - not sure why people are drawing any conclusions from things they actually can't watch.
I really don't put much onus on inter squad scrimmages.
Most people here know it doesn't amount to a hill of beans even if stuff gets commented on.
Like everyone I want to see the boys skating freely and finding some cohesiveness and that is it.
I expect to see plenty of Kirby in the pre-season games and he himself mentions that is what he's building up to.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Look, I'm far from being a Dvorak fan. In his first year here, he didn't fufill expectations as a 2C. Last year was a write-off because of injuries. He hasn't worked out for us as a Top 6 guy. But...

It's so ridiculous that some fans believe that he's not even good enough to be a 3C or 4C, that "he's a useless player" or a guy that will "bring down his linemates" and prevent them from getting points or fulfilling their potential.

Some people just can't think or see reality outside the lens of their own emotions.

He’s a fine bottom 6 center. One of the best for the face off in the league, produce 30 pts + and plays a 2 way game

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

That last sentence is off-base imo. So many people here talk like this.

If you don't agree with me, you haven't watched.
If you don't agree with me, you're looking at things like a fan not a coach.
If you don't agree with me, it's because you're being emotional.

How about people can analyze the same situation and come away with a different opinion?

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad