Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 70 52.2%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Mesar

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Tuch

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
It has been a long, long time since I have been this excited for the season to start. I do wish we could get more games out west. :( Looking foreword to seeing Slaf take another step, seeing Dach start to fulfill his potential and while I am not as sold on Hutson as most of you, I'll admit I am a little giddy thinking about what could be with him. Would love to see Laine round out into the player he can be as well. So yeah lots to cheer for this year.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
It has been a long, long time since I have been this excited for the season to start. I do wish we could get more games out west. :( Looking foreword to seeing Slaf take another step, seeing Dach start to fulfill his potential and while I am not as sold on Hutson as most of you, I'll admit I am a little giddy thinking about what could be with him. Would love to see Laine round out into the player he can be as well. So yeah lots to cheer for this year.

You forgot the main piece in all of this

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If they win the spot and we could get any value for Dvorak it would be good. But how much better will they be and wouldn’t they (and the team) be better serve long term playing 1st line minute in the SHL/AHL.
No. Kapanen is older than Suzuki was in his rookie season and Nick started as 4th line winger.

No one would seriously suggest that Nick would have been better off being sent to Sweden to avoid a stint on the 4th line.

Last edited:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Voted Tuch mostly because I have zero expectations that he'd be ready to push for an NHL spot this year and thought/think he might struggle to cement an AHL regular spot... But, physically he's probably as NHL ready as any of our forward prospects, so if he had a great summer and comes into camp crystal clear on what he needs to do to be an effective 4th liner, he might well force the issue. That would be a big surprise for me.

I'm already bullish on Kapanen & Beck (so won't be surprised if one steals an opening day spot), Heineman & Farrell I thought would play more in the NHL last year than they did, so no surprise if either makes the team out of camp. The rest I don't think the team will keep up in a depth role, so even if they have a great camp, they'll be AHL bound regardless.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If they win the spot and we could get any value for Dvorak it would be good. But how much better will they be and wouldn’t they (and the team) be better serve long term playing 1st line minute in the SHL/AHL.

I personally think Dvo would be a better winger than Gallagher, Anderson, and probably Armia.

So if Kapanen and/or Beck made it, I would trade/waive Gallagher or Anderson before I traded Dvo. I also think Dvo in the rights chair could potentially get you a 2nd or a 3rd at the TDL.

Reactions: HankyZetts

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Slaf and Demidov both had great games by sounds. Both going to be outstanding players. We have a few players like that,Fowler, Hutson. So much young talent coming.

If Fowler hits that would be huge. Always nice to have a really good goalie maning the fort. And with Hughes and Gorton, it seems they'll have no trouble finding talent on D and on offense.

Reactions: SwiftyHab

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
So the lines today at main camp:

Caufiled - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvo - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher

I would have thought after the way Armia finished last year, that he would have been a better linemate for Dvo and Roy. But maybe that Dvo line is actually the 4th line.
At least the fake goon is off the roster, and the vets are off the top 6. Feels like the year after a facial reconstruction and the scars need a year to heal.

• Haha
Reactions: 26Mats

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I personally think Dvo would be a better winger than Gallagher, Anderson, and probably Armia.

So if Kapanen and/or Beck made it, I would trade/waive Gallagher or Anderson before I traded Dvo. I also think Dvo in the rights chair could potentially get you a 2nd or a 3rd at the TDL.
Gallagher has a NMC and can't be waived.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad