Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Mesar

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Tuch

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Hughes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Davidson

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
So many reporters where is the footage? Cmon guys :mad:

And ofc they are streaming the post game interviews.. Who cares what they have to say? all of them were interviewed one day ago what new can they possible have to say after one day?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I am absolutely stoked for this season. Since 2015-2016, there was only one or two bright spots on the club that you'd actually tune into to watch and root for.

This year, I'm just so friggin excited to watch Suzuki, Laine, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Newhook, Guhle, Hutson, Beck, Reinbacher develop and try to take the next step. I don't remember the last time we had such a long list of young players that we interesting to follow. 2007 is probably the last time we had a similar list with Higgins, Komisarek, Plekanec, Kostitsyn x2, O'byrne, Grabovski, Latendresse, Price, Halak, Lapierre, Streit, D'agostini.
Yeah, 2007 was exciting. But we didn't have a whack of top five picks like we do now. That group should've been better than it was but I think we have more top prospects now than we did then. One other big difference is that we have so much talent up front now. Slaf, CC, Nick, Demidov, Dach... I mean any one of those guys could turn out to be as good or better than Max. And Max was the ony forward who panned out.

Sidenote: Latendresse probably should've been much better, same with Chipchura. Both had injuries that ruined their careers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
So the lines today at main camp:

Caufiled - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvo - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher

I would have thought after the way Armia finished last year, that he would have been a better linemate for Dvo and Roy. But maybe that Dvo line is actually the 4th line.

Reactions: Redux91

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
So the lines today at main camp:

Caufiled - Suzuki - Slaf
Newhook - Dach - Laine
Roy - Dvo - Anderson
Armia - Evans - Gallagher

I would have thought after the way Armia finished last year, that he would have been a better linemate for Dvo and Roy. But maybe that Dvo line is actually the 4th line.
I think those 2 bottom lines will have similar ice time

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
High Stick aside it's Interesting they are playing Struble on that right side which I suggested would be a great fit last season.
I think we absolutely want our 7 to be able to play both sides.
I can see why Kovacevic was never going to beat out Jayden Struble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad