Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season Main Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 43 50.6%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Mesar

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Tuch

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Hughes

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Davidson

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Honestly Pezzetta mighe be in danger of losing his spot this season, he doesn't bring anything outside of fighing once in a while. Kapanen can play on the 2nd PP, he can also PK, has a better shot, IQ and playmaking ability and on top of that he's solid on faceoff.

Unless they keep 14 forwards, I believe Pezzetta will start the season in Laval.

What protects Pezzetta is the fact Kapanen would be better off playing instead of being the 13th man. Other than that, yeah. He's probably already better and much more useful too

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
What protects Pezzetta is the fact Kapanen would be better off playing instead of being the 13th man. Other than that, yeah. He's probably already better and much more useful too
Agree.

But also, being a 13th forward comes with a lot of disagreement. Being the lesser paid player. Having poor ice time. No special teams. etc. It is a special role and not every player can fulfill it. Pezzetta is kinda perfect for the spot.

So not only Kapanen would be better suited playing a lot, he may not be well suited for such a role.

On the other hand, could someone like Roy or Dvorak or Evans (last contract year) be in danger for Kapanen ? I would think so. Even Gallagher and Anderson who will be buyable this summer.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
LOL all I need is Florian retaliating like this
first-blood-smashed.gif

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I know but honestly when is the last time MTL didn't have any injuries on the top 12 forwards? Probably 3-4 years ago? The 13th forwards on most of the NHL teams always get to play FT.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
after years of rushing prospects we finally have proper development plans in place and you want these guys playing 8-12 minutes per night? patience and foresight my dude
Both drafted by Bergevin and both developed by other leagues, coaches...thank god

Reactions: Jaynki

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Kapanen would not steal a spot from Pezzetta, but Evans or Dvorak. Unless they want him to play wing while waiting to trade one of the two centers mentionned.

Reactions: bsl

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I know but honestly when is the last time MTL didn't have any injuries on the top 12 forwards? Probably 3-4 years ago? The 13th forwards on most of the NHL teams always get to play FT.
Technically, at season start, the 13th forward will be the 14th forward on the depth chart. RHP won't return until somewhere in December if not January from his boken leg.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019

Great point. Especially considering it's NHL or SHL for Kapanen. Not keeping him on the roster carries some risk for MSL if there's an early injury as I'd doubt he'd be "recallable" once back in Timra

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
after years of rushing prospects we finally have proper development plans in place and you want these guys playing 8-12 minutes per night? patience and foresight my dude
Maybe Tuch, but Kapanen would certainly not be rushed he is 21 and was playing in Europe leagues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad