Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe so but most had the Leafs beating Boston this time around while the other three series have pretty much gone how everyone expected them to go.
Nobody had the Leafs beating Boston. We came into this as the underdog. Boston dominated the regular season match up with Toronto 4-0. At no point did we ever have the lead against Boston and Boston was a few points out from being the president's trophy winners.

Mar 26, 2010
Grow up! I know that sounds tough for you to do but look around, Edmonton is actually showing up and playing their asses off. What the f*** is this lazy ass core doing? Simple answer for ya. SHIT ALL! Just cheque collecting every 2 weeks. Think about what you just said about 2nd round, They actually make the 2nd round on multiple occasions, not once in 20 f***in years. You think Toronto is the holy grail of cities? Its not, its a nice city that I visit quite a bit and load up on my Leafs gear because theres very little here that isnt Matthews. But it aint paradise that you think it is.

Everywhere I go Torontonians are great people even on this page, well except you. Grow up, quit acting like a pathetic child. :thumbd:
Really? Toronto has to play the likes of Florida, Tampa and Boston in the first round against world class goaltenders. All Vezina trophy winners. Yet, the Oilers get to stat pad against Talbot again lol. What a joke, what is it…3 years on a row now against the Kings. Come on man.

I agree with you on the fact the Leafs do no show up and the core players are embarrassingly bad. They just don’t seem to care. I don’t get it. I think it has something to do with the worst goalie in the NHL Samsonov in net. It is deflating knowing you have that loser in goal and that every shot has a chance to go in. No excuses though, this team is done.

In regards to cities, you can not compare Edmonton to Toronto. Toronto is a world class city. Edmonton is well..yeah. Yes, I do hate the Oilers and that fanbase. They do nothing but troll and flame the Leafs and the fans. I hope they lose to the Kings.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
1714316236083.png

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
No he isnt

He has no injury

He had 8 pts his last 6 reg season games. Was playing like he always does. Playoffs

Matthews and now Nylander arent injured either, they just suck and are frauds.

Matthews sucks ass lile he always does vs boston. He is a semi decent 3rd liner for his career vs boston come playoffs

Nylander has played 1 game so that is atleast excusable that he was dog ass his first game. If he doesnt put up 2 pts at least game 2 after calling marner out he should never pretend to be a leader again

Rielly has been shit, not bringing any offense and defensively has been whatever. Cant run a PP still.whicb is sad.

Tavares is a 2M player like Kampf who we pay 11M for

Marner is a known choker who doesnt have the IQ and speed to be dangerous come playoffs

Have you ever had a high ankle sprain? It doesn’t just magically disappear after 4 weeks my friend.

That being said, the ankle has no impact on how he gave up on plays last night. Mobility was impacted but his effort level was disgusting in the first two periods

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Nobody had the Leafs beating Boston. We came into this as the underdog. Boston dominated the regular season match up with Toronto 4-0. At no point did we ever have the lead against Boston and Boston was a few points out from being the president's trophy winners.
From the predictions I saw, Leafs were slight favorites as most cited the loss of talent in Boston along with the added "grit" from the Leafs additions.

Also many mentioned this is finally the year after they won a round last season.

Either way, Leafs have no excuses for not beating Boston this season.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Have you ever had a high ankle sprain? It doesn’t just magically disappear after 4 weeks my friend.

That being said, the ankle has no impact on how he gave up on plays last night. Mobility was impacted but his effort level was disgusting in the first two periods
Marner was injured on March 7 2024. Its been almost 2 months since his injury

The high ankle sprain didnt change his mobility the first 6 games back.

And his play style this year is just loke tampa, only difference is Swayman isnt as bad a Vasilevsky was letting marner accumulate points

None of our core can produce against a hard styled trapping/defensive team

Tampa series were good luck for the big 4
They got to pad their stats vs a declining crappy defensive team

Boston has exposed them again for what they are

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I guess I would be ok with them losing if it meant they would make some serious changes.

I just don't see any evidence that they will.

So they had better come back and win this series and the next

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

We're getting closer to our home.

Great song, great band, but the Leafs aren’t closer to anything imo, our Stanley Cup will be getting a new coach, president, and hopefully moving on from a flawed core……..

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I guess I would be ok with them losing if it meant they would make some serious changes.

I just don't see any evidence that they will.

So they had better come back and win this series and the next
I think the switch to Woll will have a positive impact on the way they play. That said, coming back to win this series would likely result in Keefe returning, and I don't think that would be a good thing for the team.

Reactions: Siidekik

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
I don’t usually watch post game interviews anymore but I saw a clip online with keefe saying that he can’t fault the team for lack of effort? Is that from last night? Is he kidding?
After Tuesday, Sayonara to coach galaxybrain, finally.

Reactions: bax

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
The leafs are going to get everyone hopes up and win game 5 and 6 just to lose game 7 embarrassingly. Respect to everyone who has hope but after 8 years I am not believing in them coming back. I’ll cheer them on and watch but very skeptical.

No this does not make me any less of a leaf fan than someone who just constantly positive and believes they can do everything. 8 years of the same end result just destroys your faith in the team.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Friedman is a stupid lurch. What does that goofy slob know about hockey. Bieska looked to be suggesting they weren't upping the level.
And he would be right, as our "Core Four" have no idea what that would look like.

Tavares has been called Mr. Consistent, so doesn't matter what time of year it is, his play stays the same.

AM, WN, and MM were mentored by Marleau...

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
What a complete and utter JOKE of a team effort last night Keefer .. now you are BSing us .. I hope u r fired today and we try something different for Tuesday night .. Shanny u r next my friend .. axe Keefer today .. switching tenders won't change anything here .. anyone else would help .. at least we could drop into a prevent defense and play for a 0-0 game and wait for a break .. what we r doing now has ZERO chance for success .. worst coaching display EVER .. worst team effort I have seen from this pathetic collection of individuals .. take ur 2nd best 4th line and just kill it completely putting a useless Robertson on its wing OMG that alone deserves a firing .. Dewar was playing well and you take him out OMG ur are a very stupid man .. and ur now an embarrassment to our crest by lying to us .. or maybe ur are even more dense than I thought .. time for firing action now

Shanny take over bench ur self .. drop Brodie into da abiss .. insert Gio asap .. play a high and hard game up da glass and ice puck .. use Rielly only in offensive zone faceoffs .. and then have him exit to bench asap .. Rielly is playing a completely useless game .. since his suspension he has been our worst defender (next to Brodie and lily) .. basically go 4 D and dump puck all da time .. it will be crappy hockey but our wingers are next to useless on da walls .. and our Cs can't handle da overload

Upfront put JT on 3rd line LW asap .. use Mitch as 3rd line C with anyone really and play them once or twice a period max .. tell Willy to hang out on blue line and start throwing high bombs up to him .. he might beat some D once and score .. pretty much our only chance to get 1 goal i think .. give Bert Domi and Matty 50% of ice time and tell them this is it .. press score and fight .. if they don't get 2 goals we lose pretty simple .. lay it out there for 3 of them .. tell Reavo it is time to destroy someone early in game .. look for fights early .. and then demolish whoever takes da challenge

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
So.... how does a series 11 years ago have any barring on this one now?

What has this team done to deserve this optimism?

Yeah we pushed it to game 7....and then lose in the most embarrassing fashion in all of sport?

Bringing up 2013 is no solace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad