Could the Devils have four PPG forwards next year?

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Out of all the teams with multiple all stars you picked those 4? Oilers, Panthers, Preds, Canucks, Leafs and Lightning have way better odds.

• Haha
Reactions: xigon

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
or the people just don't think all 4 players will improve upon their most productive seasons (spread out over the past 4 years) to make the answer to this question a "yes."
when the response is "lol no" it means means that there isn't a chance at all and the question isn't worth asking. Clearly based on what you just said there is a chance.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Doubt it. Hughes should be well over PPG but Hischier and Bratt are kind of right at that could be just under or just over PPG so there isn’t a lot of room for variance and Meier has only been at that level once. Could end up with 5 players at 70 points though depending on whether Hamilton plays PP1 all year

Reactions: Forge

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
A lot of top six forwards around the league can put together a PPG stretch over any given season.

Heck, I can do the same for the Sens.
-Stutzle 90 points two seasons ago
-Giroux 79 points two seasons ago (5 PPG seasons in his career)
-Tkachuk 83 points two seasons ago
-Batherson 27 points over 26 games during a stretch last season

I bet most teams can make a similar argument but it doesn’t happen very often.

RANDOMH3RO

Jan 19, 2007
Hughes hischier and bratt could if they are healthy all year. Meier and Hamilton should be up around 65 if all goes well. But they wouldn’t be my top choices to light it up as a group.

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Regardless of points, NJ looking to be a powerhouse for next season. Did well with finding a goaltender and bringing in some defensive defenceman. My biggest question mark is keefe.

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
He's a devils fan. Probably checking the temperature on what other fanbases feel about those four players and the team
Thank you

A lot of top six forwards around the league can put together a PPG stretch over any given season.

Heck, I can do the same for the Sens.
-Stutzle 90 points two seasons ago
-Giroux 79 points two seasons ago (5 PPG seasons in his career)
-Tkachuk 83 points two seasons ago
-Batherson 27 points over 26 games during a stretch last season

I bet most teams can make a similar argument but it doesn’t happen very often.
Close to what I was getting at but a bit more proven, with Meier being the only one not to hit 80 points yet (four off). Thinking NJ, if healthy, can have a very fun regular season with a new coach behind the wheel

Doubt it. Hughes should be well over PPG but Hischier and Bratt are kind of right at that could be just under or just over PPG so there isn’t a lot of room for variance and Meier has only been at that level once. Could end up with 5 players at 70 points though depending on whether Hamilton plays PP1 all year
Even four players at 70 is a lot of fun, so if Hamilton or Luke (wildcard) can as well thatd be awesome

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Jack Hughes -> Easy if he does not get injured
Hischier -> Possibly if he gets a ton of PP minutes
Bratt -> Unlikely
Meir -> Unlikely

I think Luke Hughes could get near that mark if they play him on PP1 all the time.

Well that's pretty much guaranteed unless one of them is injured. Their PP will get them there.
I expect Noesen to get run as the netfront guy on PP1.

Which will push 1 of Bratt, Nico, or Meier off PP1. And it is basically impossible to be a PPG without PP1 time.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Hughes yes if he's healthy
Bratt potentially again
Meier no
Hischier no

Hischier was just under a PPG in a healthy 2022 season, and just 4 points back this year while missing 11 games.

Obviously not a guarantee but it's already been well within reach for him 2 years in a row, and he's only 25.

Reactions: HBK27

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Hughes - likely (assuming he doesn't miss 20+ games with a bum shoulder again)
Bratt - possibly, but won't put money on it
Hischier - doubtful, but not impossible
Meier - Nah

I'd say the only "lock" is Hughes, but assuming health. Bratt and Hischier can hover there but probably fall a bit short. Meier's almost a guarantee not to since he's only ever come close one time in his entire career.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Hughes - likely (assuming he doesn't miss 20+ games with a bum shoulder again)
Bratt - possibly, but won't put money on it
Hischier - doubtful, but not impossible
Meier - Nah

I'd say the only "lock" is Hughes, but assuming health. Bratt and Hischier can hover there but probably fall a bit short. Meier's almost a guarantee not to since he's only ever come close one time in his entire career.

Bratt had 83pts last year. Hischier was at 67pts in 71 games and 80pts in 81 games in 22-23. Both are way more in the "highly likely" category than just "possibly" and "doubtful".

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I see a higher chance of the Oilers doing it with McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard and Hyman.
Skinner at a shot of being 5th
I think Nuge is a closer 4th / 5th (barring injury, McDavid, Drai and one of Bouchard or Hyman are locks IMO) over Skinner.

The Oilers PP1 is locked-in and I don't see Skinner bumping anyone off it.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Hughes-Bratt
Hischier-Meier
Mercer

Hughes-Pesce
Sieganthaler-Hamilton
Nemec

Markstrom

Devils have an enviable core. If Silayev develops, this is going to be a real juggernaut. I do wish they would’ve went after Askarov instead of Markstrom but they still have time for that. I think they have to move Hamilton and hand the keys to the blueline over to the kids. But that can happen next summer too

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad