Could the Devils have four PPG forwards next year?

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I see a higher chance of the Oilers doing it with McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard and Hyman.
Skinner at a shot of being 5th

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Not sure how often this happens but NJ has Jack Hughes, Hischier, Bratt, and Meier who all could see 82 or more over a full season; will the Devils be as offensively strong as they could be?
Jack Hughes -> Easy if he does not get injured
Hischier -> Possibly if he gets a ton of PP minutes
Bratt -> Unlikely
Meir -> Unlikely

I think Luke Hughes could get near that mark if they play him on PP1 all the time.

I see a higher chance of the Oilers doing it with McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard and Hyman.
Skinner at a shot of being 5th
Well that's pretty much guaranteed unless one of them is injured. Their PP will get them there.

Reactions: xigon

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
Huh? Timo Meier who has a career high of 66 points and had 52 last year will suddenly score 82?

I think the theory is “Timo Meier, who spent most of the season playing through some massively limiting injuries, actually got 30 points in the last 26 games; is that pace representative of what he could do if he were to be able to stay healthy on this team for a full season?”

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Seems like the people answering don't even take time to look at stats.

Hischier had 80pts in the 2022-23 season

Bratt just had 83 pts in the past season

Lol

They had these exact same 4 players last year as well. One of them finished above 82 points.

I'm gonna go ahead and say no :laugh:
A fan of a team that has a captain who hasn't seen the ice for over two years should probably know that injuries exist. Those same players didn't play 82 games.

Reactions: My3Sons

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
NJ
Hughes is a lock, and with good seasons both Bratt and Hischier can do it too. I think things would have to go extremely well for Meier to also hit it.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
FWIW…after his incredibly slow start, Meier was nearly a PPG player for the second half of the season and over a PPG the last purple of months. Rumors of his demise were greatly exaggerated. I think he’s got just as good of a shot as Bratt or Hischier to be honest. They probably can all go in the same boat.

It’s not likely all four will do it but it is believable, especially is scoring continues to stay high league wide. And let’s be clear - 80 points these last few years does not equate 80 points from the prior decade. Its a nice achievement but not longer some benchmark to superstardom.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Timo's career high is 76 points (in 77 games).

But he'd be the guy that i would doubt most given his age (he's just a couple years old and into his prime compared to the others) and prior performance.
The limiting factor will be PP1 time. It is virtually impossible to be a PPG player without getting PP1 opportunity.

And I expect noesen to get some PP1 time as the netfront guy

Reactions: Forge

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Seems like the people answering don't even take time to look at stats.

Hischier had 80pts in the 2022-23 season

Bratt just had 83 pts in the past season

or the people just don't think all 4 players will improve upon their most productive seasons (spread out over the past 4 years) to make the answer to this question a "yes."

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad