Cougars roster situation, trade before friday?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

pgcougsfan

Sep 24, 2024
With Kmec coming back the Cougars now have 4 20 year olds on the roster (Kmec, Dezainde, Dowhaniuk, Valis) & 3 import players (Kmec, Anisimov, Vochvest).

Dezainde looked amazing opening weekend, Valis was great in the playoffs and has amazing chemistry with the team, Kmec was +39 last year and it seems he took a step forward after a strong showing at the rookie showcase. It seems likely that Becher & Ziemmer will play in the AHL this year so the 3 mentioned above should be the 20's for Prince George.

Dowhaniuk & Anisimov seem to be the obvious candidates to be shipped off here. Dowhaniuk did not play in the second game of the season against Spokane and the signing of Anisimov on September 5th makes it seem likely that Mark Lamb did not expect Kmec to be back this year. Dowhaniuk likely has good trade value and the Cougars could probably get a decent player for depth and/or picks for him.

Could Anisimov play another year in Russia before coming over or does the Cougars signing him mean he has to be on the roster? I'm not super familiar with the rules on that.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Last edited:

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Dowhaniuk - Kmec
Dumanski - McNutt
Carels - Vochvest

That's an amazing defense on paper, and one that's certainly good enough to go a run, so I'd think we run with that. Dezainde looks most likely imo unless we either want to have the center depth or we unexpectedly get Becher back. I have no idea what they're actually thinking this is all just personal opinion.

pgcougsfan

Sep 24, 2024
Dowhaniuk - Kmec
Dumanski - McNutt
Carels - Vochvest

That's an amazing defense on paper, and one that's certainly good enough to go a run, so I'd think we run with that. Dezainde looks most likely imo unless we either want to have the center depth or we unexpectedly get Becher back. I have no idea what they're actually thinking this is all just personal opinion.
Problem is that if Becher comes back he also takes up an overager + import slot so 2 of our 20 year olds and Vochvest would have to go.

I could see them trading Dezainde instead of Dowhaniuk but the fact that Dowhaniuk did not play on saturday against Spokane makes me think he is the odd man out.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Problem is that if Becher comes back he also takes up an overager + import slot so 2 of our 20 year olds and Vochvest would have to go.

I could see them trading Dezainde instead of Dowhaniuk but the fact that Dowhaniuk did not play on saturday against Spokane makes me think he is the odd man out.
That would make sense too especially if we want to get Carels more playing time. Eager to see what happens once Heidt and Parascak are back too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad