Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
tbh, besides the weak goal by Igor in the 1st, yes he saw it late, and was deflected off a screen, but it should have been stopped, I thought 1st period was pretty even. Not a lot of whistles, traded chances, etc….
Our guys just couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.
2nd period was absolute ass. Panthers took it to us on the forecheck, but still the only real dangerous save Igor made was when puck squirted out to Barkov and he stopped him with the glove…..

3rd period was better after the first 3-4 minutes, but still no shots were hitting the net. Credit fla, they defend 5 deep well and block a lot of shots and clog up the lanes. Rangers had their share of shots blocked/contested, but they also had a bunch sail high and wide…..
That’s a big reason why you saw that 18 min clip with no shots registered…….
Fox is concerning me. He doesn’t even force the issue on offense like normal because of the knee. He’s afraid to take the puck below the circle because it will be an issue/too slow to get back. His lateral movement is also non-existent. He’s not dancing around faking out guys 1-1 since early in the caps series….

If this team doesn’t hit the net and generate 2nd and 3rd scoring chances, we done for.
If Schneider scores and it’s 1-1 going into the 2nd, probably changes whole completion of the rest of the game.

Our entire D hasn’t been a threat to contribute off the rush, that can’t happen..

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What is with this obsession with the crowd? They were loud when given a reason and not when the team was sleeping.
It always has to be something drastic. We can't just lose a hockey game.

If we lose, we lose.

I finished last year seriously wondering if this iteration of the team could get anything done.

Either way, I'm going to leave this year confident the guys locked into contracts are performers, and the areas for improvement aren't the spots that are expensive or hard to obtain.

Reactions: bhamill

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Fox is just another guy with whatever his injury is. It’s such a killer watching this great player limited to being an average Joe. Rangers went bargain basement shopping at the deadline. This might be the series it catches up with them. Roslovic made one good play to send in Cuylle, but was invisible after that (other than careless penalty). Wennberg…whatever.
That being said, those aren’t the guys that they lean on to get it done. It would be nice of course. But their best players need to be better. Sucks about Fox. He’s just clearly not himself.
I agree with others who said it’s not time to sound the alarm until going down 0-2 potentially. I think there is merit to inserting Rempe for next game. Hitting can invigorate a team. The team might need some invigoration. Laviiolette has pushed the right buttons so often. Hopefully he does it again. Whatever the lineup, I would expect to see a much better performance for Game 2

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I’m not sure if we can win with Fox playing like this. We need a Norris Dman to win. Everyone does imo. He can barely move. Looks worse now than he did right after he got hurt.

This is what worries me the most.

Honestly expecting to read about Fox getting some kind of procedure done once the post season ends. Another week to heal up and he still looks like a shell of himself.

Filip Chytil

Mar 3, 2014
It'd be one thing if I thought the Rangers got thoroughly outplayed. But they didn't.

Rangers could've tied that game up. I didn't expect this series to be easy in the slightest. Was expecting 6 or 7 game series.

Our guys can compete with Florida. They'll bounce back. #TameTheCats

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
We need more offense from the blue line which wasn’t a problem all year because of Fox. I think it’s time to put jones in for GusFloriad will

Jones will move the puck out of the zone better, but how many opportunities will he get? Florida will throw the puck into his corner and work him. Still, why not? Gus isn't much better.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
It always has to be something drastic. We can't just lose a hockey game.

If we lose, we lose.

I finished last year seriously wondering if this iteration of the team could get anything done.

Either way, I'm going to leave this year confident the guys locked into contracts are performers, and the areas for improvement aren't the spots that are expensive or hard to obtain.
Probably the rational take but I’m not a believer in the they’ll be back next year ideology because it’s not easy to get back. I'll most likely take it hard if we end up losing, I just can’t understand people jumping on the crowd and Lavi being asked about it.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Worst part of that game was having to stare at Lomberg’s smug ass face for 5 minutes as they reviewed the goal.

f*** off Jack Sparrow.
With Ferraro in the background talking about how the 2024 Florida Panthers invented checking and defense.

I would have much preferred Doc getting the thesaurus out and Pierre rambling on about how Nick Cousins started out on defense at Lester B. Pearson High School back in Moose Jaw.

We didn't know how good we had it.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Florida has more to give too, this was not a game that was a bounce away, they didn't do anything they needed to do to get that bounce until the game was basically over. You've got to be good to be lucky
I don't agree. I think both teams focused on shutting the other team down. They had most, if not all the bounces tonight. It happens. Hopefully it evens out.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Im sorry if you think Rempe is the answer you're wrong.

Even if he gets in there and he throws a good hit, it's getting whistled and its the one PP that Fla probably scores on.

IF every game plays out the way that this one did, the Rangers probably win this series. Igor won't be this shit every night and Bob won't get as lucky as he did.

When this is over we are going to find Fox is playing on a partially torn ACL or PCL

No. Stop playing HFDoc.

Reactions: tiggles

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The Panthers and Bob played a perfect game and we were just one goal away with not playing our best. I thought this game was very revealing. We'll turn the page and get Rempe in.

Opposed to what some have said here, we need help in getting the crowd involved. It's not automatic cause we are in the 3rd round, like some have said. They were quiet most of the night. And another big body to lay out some Cats is like a 2 for 1 deal. Bury a Cat and the crowd will be jumping out of their seats.

Chytil played 9 uninspiring minutes. What will we miss?

I'm not saying we would have won with Rempe, we were hesitant, not very confident most of the night, but what would we miss by playing Rempe? He might even make us gain more confidence.

Last edited:

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
With Ferraro in the background talking about how the 2024 Florida Panthers invented checking and defense.

I would have much preferred Doc getting the thesaurus out and Pierre rambling on about how Nick Cousins started out on defense at Lester B. Pearson High School back in Moose Jaw.

We didn't know how good we had it.

No. No!

Doc...okay. But I could not stand Pierre salivating over anything Crosby and everything Shitsburgh.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Also Bob outplayed Igor(with the help of some posts) and that puck clear attempt late in the 3rd that led to the 2nd goal was just awful. The first goal allowed wasn't to hot either.

irishlaxburger2

Jan 30, 2008
Rye, NY
I’ve generally been a fan of 99% of the decisions Lavi has made all year.

That said, not playing Jones when it’s extremely clear we need another puck moving defenseman who can handle a high pressure forecheck is borderline malpractice. Even worse when you consider how cold our offense has been 5 on 5 the last three games (other than a random Chris Kreider outburst).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad