GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Graves
Messier
Kovalev
Leech
Zubov

Those 5 alone could dunk on both the Rangers and Panthers at the same time.
The '94 team gets lionized because they won it. That's fair, it comes with winning it.

Still, that team dropped some massive eggs at home to Jersey and Vancouver. It's something to remember when we sit here and discuss one loss.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I mean, the D going back after the puck would have gotten there first. Shesterkin just decided to come out and play it and then made a bad play. If he'd let his defenseman handle it then it would have been fine.
There are times he tries to create a chance for his forwards. He's made some awesome passes to put people on the rush or on breakaways before. Win some, lose some. And also, it wasn't like the defensemen's zone exits were great all night.

Cats are a heavy team that bodies opponents and plays stifling hockey. They pinned us trying to exit the zone, and they pinned us to the outside in the offensive zone. Not a lot of switching and cycling allowed. Not a lot of point shots got through.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
I ripped Kreider's comments after Carolina game 5. I ripped his play after 2 in game 6. He proceed to make me look like a moron.

Regardless of any of those things, the shit MSG ice was extra shit tonight. I don't think it cost us the game, but it played into making it boring.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m not sure if we can win with Fox playing like this. We need a Norris Dman to win. Everyone does imo. He can barely move. Looks worse now than he did right after he got hurt.

This is what worries me the most.

Secondly shesterkin cannot give up 3 a game this series with 1 softee a night. It’s not gonna fly. He’s got to give us a couple games like Bob just did. He’s got to steal a couple not just one. A couple of games.

Florida melted the game tonight after they took the lead. Like good teams know how to do. These games will be too close.

Game 2 is a must win and he needs to be the best player. Has to let us get first goal

InfernoDaLuz

Jun 1, 2007
Jersey

1000012702.gif

Bondra slapshot

Jul 21, 2009
was a bit nervous about their shooters to be honest. Verhaeghe has a heck of a shot. reminds me a bit of Miroslav Satan when it comes to wiring a shot. I thought Reinhardt would've also looked much more dangerous as well but the Panthers really didn't look as good as I thought they would. They obviously were way sharper than the Rangers tonight though, although that's not saying much, which is the main point really.

I expect the Rangers to look less nervous and much sharper in the next game. I thought a lot of players looked very jittery in the first period for the Rangers and not the good kind of jitters. the puck was pin balling off of every Rangers' sticks. hard passes and blown passes left and right.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We need more offense from the blue line which wasn’t a problem all year because of Fox. I think it’s time to put jones in for Gus

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
Thought the days off would have helped Fox. He was barely able to move out there.

He's definitely playing with something rough.

The rest of the D too. Felt like the days off could have been spent removing the collective shit from their heads and reinserting their brains.

And why did it feel like the 4th line played half the game?

Brutananadilewski

Nov 6, 2021
Wherever the keg is!
The '94 team gets lionized because they won it. That's fair, it comes with winning it.

Still, that team dropped some massive eggs at home to Jersey and Vancouver. It's something to remember when we sit here and discuss one loss.

That team was an offensive dynamo. Through 2 rounds, the least amount of goals they scored was 2 goals: the one loss against the Capitals.

Plus, they didn't have 1 but 2 offensive D-Men.

We have a hobbled Fox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad