Post-Game Talk: Cougar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
It's not even that it was stoppable.

Lafreniere is never involved if Igor doesn't do the old Dan Girardi assist right to an opponent in the slot.

And the whole play started with Miller getting blown past like he was standing still.

I'm done with him too. Lindgren, Trouba, and Miller all have to go. Our defense corps is the biggest weakness. They don't move the puck well enough and none of those guys defend well enough to excuse it.
I mean, the D going back after the puck would have gotten there first. Shesterkin just decided to come out and play it and then made a bad play. If he'd let his defenseman handle it then it would have been fine.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
We also need to seriously improve our bottom six.

Wennberg sucks mega ass out of a mega straw. Kakko will never score a goal again. Vesey sucks. Goodrow sucks at literally everything except the PK.
Throwing away 9 minutes of the game tonight.
IMG_7987.jpeg

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Yeah but it would be for Gustafsson which lateral in regard to puck movement.

Jones in for Lindgren would have me going to urgent care for more than 4 hours.
Jones is a much more dynamic skater with the puck on his stick. Which is what's really missing with Fox at the moment. Obviously not a huge part of his game (compared to Makar/Hughes), but he could break down defenses, when needed. In that regard, I think Jones would be the guy on PP1. But, it doesn't feel worth getting into, because it's 100% not happening anyways.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Florida has more to give too, this was not a game that was a bounce away, they didn't do anything they needed to do to get that bounce until the game was basically over. You've got to be good to be lucky

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
I know in the grand scheme of things it probably doesnt matter but for f***s sake after 3-0 the entire line should be out playing like Lomberg. He pushed an entire line around at every chance.

Send a f***ing message put your big boy pants on and push back.

Its a 7 game series the Rangers need to up the physical play or its gonna be a 4 game series.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Jones is a much more dynamic skater with the puck on his stick. Which is what's really missing with Fox at the moment. Obviously not a huge part of his game (compared to Makar/Hughes), but he could break down defenses, when needed. In that regard, I think Jones would be the guy on PP1. But, it doesn't feel worth getting into, because it's 100% not happening anyways.
Agreed. Jones should not only be in over Gus but he should be running pp1 because its evident Fox is significantly hampered by his injuries.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Time for a mega hot take but I don't think anybody will care because we eliminated them.

Aho didn't do anything. That play on Fox was 100% Fox's fault.

f*** Aho anyway, he's ugly and I hate him. Point is, the Jensen hit was orders of magnitude worse and I hope we remember it.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I agree with those saying we need some lineup changes. The only time NYR looked good today is right after that massive hit by Trouba late in the 3rd period. Clearly we need Rempe in there.

Other issue is down the middle:
Barkov - 6’3, 215 lb
Lundell - 6’1, 185 lb
Bennett - 6’1, 200 lb , 173 hits in regular season!

Zibanejad - 6’2,200 lb - has size but he’s not very physical.
Trocheck - 5’11
Wennberg - 6’2 but not physical

I think we need Chytil to play at center next game. Wennberg has been mostly useless with 1 assist. He does not play playoff hockey. Vesey hasn’t done much either.

Would like to see in bottom 6:
Cuylle - Chytil - Wheeler
Kakko - Goodrow - Rempe

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
I’m not sure I agree about chance generation favoring NYR. Would like to see Vally’s numbers. Florida looked better at just about every aspect of the game at even strength. Completely shut down zone entries. Not gonna have a good time if NYR D can’t figure out how to beat their forecheck.

Florida neutered our strengths and emphasized our weaknesses, that's why the game was so bad from our perspective. Florida was in cruise control the entire game. Yes we got chances but that's hockey. Overall they were barely tested and didn't need to do more than they did.

Obviously it didn't help that Igor had a stinker, but our ES game was far too weak. Our top 6 got nowhere. Fox is clearly badly hurt and probably shouldn't be on the ice.

Lavi was completely outcoached, spanked even.

Last edited:

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Rempe needs to board someone 1st shift of game 2 to get the crowd into it.

The management and ownerajip group has failed to inform the coaches that the ticket prices results in the worst business class crowd in the stands and there's no buzz.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
Take Vesey out and you hurt the penalty kill. Take Wennberg out and if Chytil isn't %100 your in trouble. As much as I loathe Wennberg i'd probably go with Rempe and sit Chytil for game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad